Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let Bridcutt Go

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be inclined to get him to stay until the end of the season, if we are still in with a shout of the playoffs in January, and then agree to let him go in the summer. We'd get less money than if we sold him in January but in the meantime it gives us a better chance of getting to the Premier League ourselves. Worth the gamble of getting maybe 1million less for him whilst gaining a minimum of 120 million if he helps us up. Make no mistake we have a much better chance of promotion with Liam in the squad. Who knows he may even get his wish to play at the top level, but with the Albion :thumbsup:

If we are well adrift in January, then let him go if we get the right offer and he wants to go.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
How long has Liam Bridcutt got left on his contract and what could we realistically receive for him?
If we deny him a Premier League move in January would his value be less in July because he would be closer to the end of his contract?
IF Oscar (a massive IF) could get 2 quality players in for the same money through his European contacts and knowledge it might tempt the club.

Stick or twist?

If Tony is serious when he states his ambition for promotion he will not sell Bridcutt why would he ,the 120 million Television money from one season in the premier league far outways any fee we would get from selling players

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ince and Bridcutt make a formidable team for me and I have no doubt that if the partnership were left to develop and blossom it could be the basis upon which we could achieve promotion. I'm a big Ince fan but I wouldn't like Bridcutt to leave unless it's for silly money. The two can and should play together - and at every opportunity.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I can't believe after yesterday's performance and the way Bridcutt and Ince played together, anyone could suggest selling Bridcutt. I realise if we get an amazing offer, we will take it. But to start a thread saying we should do it, is odd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bridcutt and Ince are completely different players who are at their best playing totally different roles for the team. It's like saying let Ulloa go because we have Stephen Ward.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Liam is a big part off why we done so well last season, by far our best player, but the last couple games of the season and the few games hes played this season (albeit hes been out with injury) his performances have dipped slightly, dont get me wrong hes still a great player, and he does stand out still with his awareness, ability to win challenges in the air and his passing etc but even yesterday, he at times did things and lost the ball and challenges he wouldnt of done last season.

Maybe I judge him more than I should because my expectations are so high for him.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I don't think we should sell Bridcutt, he and Ince played very well yesterday together, and with Bridcutt on the pitch, it allows Ince to roam slightly further forward which I think worked very much to our benefit yesterday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People are suggesting that Ince is our equivalent of Yaya Toure or Patrick Viera but for this to become a possibility he needs Bridcutt to allow him the room to go forward. Not good for Liam but for the sake of the £2m or so we will get for him against the windfall of reaching The Prem I would say keep him for the remainder of the season with a promise to let him go in the summer if a bid comes in and we dont get promoted.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I remember someone saying on here that Bridcutt has the same agent as Poyet?

We have to keep him for the rest of the season but this connection worries me.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I really don't want to see Bridcutt go, but

If we don't go up this season and we get an offer that suits him and us, he has certainly earned the right to have his chance in the summer

But not in January, please. I can't wait to see Bridders and Ince together again.

Dec 8, 2013
I think your being harsh on Luke he has made an opinion that mirrors what most people have being saying recently and for you to say he has no ambitions for the club think how that 5m could be reinvested? Also is it fair to keep bridcutt here when he has clearly earnt prem football and deserves it. (doubt well get anywhere near 5 m probably 2.5m)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think your being harsh on Luke he has made an opinion that mirrors what most people have being saying recently and for you to say he has no ambitions for the club think how that 5m could be reinvested? Also is it fair to keep bridcutt here when he has clearly earnt prem football and deserves it. (doubt well get anywhere near 5 m probably 2.5m)

Bridcutt has not earned Premier League football. He was part of the Albion team that lost in the Play-Offs last season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bridcutt and Ince are completely different players who are at their best playing totally different roles for the team. It's like saying let Ulloa go because we have Stephen Ward.

Thank god for that, thought I was the only one or even I was watching the wrong players. The view that Ince is a direct replacement seems to be growing in momentum and I honestly don't know where people have got that idea from.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don't be so fecking ridiculous ...if we are looking at premiership football at some time he is the sort of player we need to keep.

I have started some shite threads in my time, but this takes the biscuit

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Like it or not, if a suitable offer comes in January his head will be turned and he will be off.

If a suitable offer comes in our best hope is to do what we did with Bennett, do a deal then retain him until the summer if the buying club is willing to wait.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Cant disagree more. They're fantastic players individually but together they will become a force to be reckoned with.

More importantly, they're very different players. For players who play in a similar position they could hardly be more different.

Nothing to add to this. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here