Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Less trains to/from Falmer

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I might be wrong here but i rarely am. There seems to be a norm of less trains to and from Falmer on match days. Add to that short carriages and use fans are treated more like sardine fish.

For example tomorrow for Weedy United Brighton to Falmer 1311 then 1331 then 1341 then 1401
Wasnt there a 1331 and 1351 in past? Any train spotters on here?

Getting away Falmer to Brighton 1709 then 1722 then 1741. Have we lost a service inbetween 1709 and 1722 also 1722 and 1741? Anyone getting connecting trains it compounds.

As the club snookered fans playing at the stadium with poor rail service do they have a moral obligation to improve this shoddy rail service? Or maybe they already are? Theres naff all at the ground to keep fans there to stagger an exit so the rail cram sardines in a tin goes on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I might be wrong here but i rarely am. There seems to be a norm of less trains to and from Falmer on match days. Add to that short carriages and use fans are treated more like sardine fish.

For example tomorrow for Weedy United Brighton to Falmer 1311 then 1331 then 1341 then 1401
Wasnt there a 1331 and 1351 in past? Any train spotters on here?

Getting away Falmer to Brighton 1709 then 1722 then 1741. Have we lost a service inbetween 1709 and 1722 also 1722 and 1741? Anyone getting connecting trains it compounds.

As the club snookered fans playing at the stadium with poor rail service do they have a moral obligation to improve this shoddy rail service? Or maybe they already are? Theres naff all at the ground to keep fans there to stagger an exit so the rail cram sardines in a tin goes on.

The answer will be on all your other train / Falmer threads you boring old man.

And yes, you are often wrong.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Nice to see you pop up with requests to see the team you actually support. Please stop posting on Albion websites though. Your 'Weedy United' lines aren't fooling anyone

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A2E65A6F-D623-4CF8-A037-62A386F92ECB.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Odd how this idiot can write the first 9 words and the last paragraph in the same post.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why not just watch Littlehampton instead, also just go on their message board as well then life on NSC would be far more pleasant.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don’t they normally upload the schedule in morning

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Also note tomorrow due to no great northern drivers who take over trains at Finsbury from thameslink there are no brighton to Cambridge and vice Versa running , means two less trains an hour on mainline . Bedfords will be very busy be warned

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A lot depends on whether Southern can find enough drivers to run the Brighton to Lewes shuttles, they seemingly failed last time so you end up with just the Seaford / Hastings trains

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Barber should be driving a shuttle bus pre match, not LORDING it in the LOUNGES.

Then again, Southern Fail could just do their jobs? Now there’s an idea…

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Then again, Southern Fail could just do their jobs? Now there’s an idea…

It's probably escaped your notice but practically no one is doing their job at present. Strikes, actual Covid, overtime refusal, "Covid", other sniffles prevail because I guess people would prefer their salary to cover their food and heating and, if it doesn't, they probably prefer the lockdown state of not doing anything much.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's probably escaped your notice but practically no one is doing their job at present. Strikes, actual Covid, overtime refusal, "Covid", other sniffles prevail because I guess people would prefer their salary to cover their food and heating and, if it doesn't, they probably prefer the lockdown state of not doing anything much.

Let’s all stay at home and sulk then. That’s the answer and will get us out of things. Btw, weren’t Southern also rubbish pre covid too?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Let’s all stay at home and sulk then. That’s the answer and will get us out of things. Btw, weren’t Southern also rubbish pre covid too?

Yes, Southern were dreadful and that's when people did the overtime they rely on.

I'd personally say if your pay award is actually a pay cut and your energy bill is only affordable if you're Jacob Rees-Mogg then you'd be mad NOT to consider direct action.

Unless you think train staff are there merely to serve those lucky enough to be able to afford Premier League Football?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes, Southern were dreadful and that's when people did the overtime they rely on.

I'd personally say if your pay award is actually a pay cut and your energy bill is only affordable if you're Jacob Rees-Mogg then you'd be mad NOT to consider direct action.

Unless you think train staff are there merely to serve those lucky enough to be able to afford Premier League Football?

Yes, that’s exactly what I was thinking. But if I wasn’t, I’d still argue better to continue working whilst finding solutions. Strikes often don’t work either. Just massive inconvenience threatening many more people’s livelihoods. Even lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here