Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leroy LITA

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
His fleeting appearance at Doncaster alongside Barnes changed the game in our favour. I'm surprised we didn't see more of them together, especially at home. He's always had a knack for poaching goals.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Scored 1 and won the free kick that Spanish tucked away for 3 points at Donny. Other than that, his most significant contribution has been to appease the bed wetting on here for 2 months.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So that we could rejuvenate the 2 Unlimited - No Limits chant from when it was used for Kurt Nogan

Sung after he scored at Donny until his second chant was used - "I'd rather have a Lita than a pint" :lol:

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
I'm sure the management team did.

I haven't followed his career that closely, but he used to be an exceptional striker. He has, however, always come across as being a bit of a nob, so perhaps he didn't take the chance to put himself in the shop window or just wasn't fit enough? It was well documented that he had been holding out for a Premier League team, so perhaps an ego came with the loan spell.

I know Leroy and he certainly isn't a "Nob".
He has no ego and if anything has had his nice nature taken advantage of over the years.
He would admit himself as to not being the greatest lover of training,but he is a fit guy who plays every game to win.
He would have loved to have signed for BHA but he wasn't wanted.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I know Leroy and he certainly isn't a "Nob".
He has no ego and if anything has had his nice nature taken advantage of over the years.
He would admit himself as to not being the greatest lover of training,but he is a fit guy who plays every game to win.
He would have loved to have signed for BHA but he wasn't wanted.

Not what I heard but there you go.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
His fleeting appearance at Doncaster alongside Barnes changed the game in our favour....

Indeed. In some ways he was the ideal loan signing inasmuch as he made some good contributions on the occasions he was called on, but now he's gone back we're not all saying "Oh shit now what do we do? We relied on him."

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Another reason why could be that Lita isn't the type of player to hold the ball up when up front on his own and wait for / bring in other players around him, thus taking pressure off our defence. Barnes has proved himself to be better at doing this and therefore has earn't the starting spot ahead of Lita and therefore the decision was purely tactical to suit our style of play given our injury crisis and lack of options.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
From what I saw I was impressed with him. He made us a much more direct threat as a second striker and therefore a great option from the bench to change a game if needed. I'm surprised we didn't see more of him and I'd be happy to see him sign until the end of the season if the deal can be done.

Then all that is needed is a wide man like Conway or someone who can play central and pick a pass. Not many players good enough and even fewer available, but maybe a decent youth chap from the prem willing to take join us

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
So Barnes wouldn't expect to play every week and would continue to work hard?

No idea otherwise.

Yeah competition for places I guess, but TBH I totally forgot we had him onloan haha

Barnes drinking down the pub Christmas day, even if it was only 1 bottle is stupid, if he was Suarez or a high calibre player who produces no matter what than you could accept it, but hes not a still missed chances at Charlton the next day.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
According to Andy Naylor, there is a possibility Lita may be on the bench tomorrow. Apparently he had a personal issue he had to sort out over the last few days. Would be good to see him get some more game time even if it is the last game of his loan spell. Would be interesting to see if Ulloa and Lita could work as a front pairing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would be interesting to see if Ulloa and Lita could work as a front pairing.
This could be Leroy's final chance of making an impression. Barnesy could decide which way Lita's career is heading.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
According to Andy Naylor, there is a possibility Lita may be on the bench tomorrow. Apparently he had a personal issue he had to sort out over the last few days. Would be good to see him get some more game time even if it is the last game of his loan spell. Would be interesting to see if Ulloa and Lita could work as a front pairing.

Hope he is, and maybe he'll be the replacement lined up for Barnes if Ashley goes to Burnley / Wolves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here