Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] L'Équipe marks for our boys

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Blimey, can you imagine if all of those had been scored, if he hadn't have saved them? Pitchforks everywhere!

No, we're taking saves that, if he hadn't have stopped then, we'd just be saying 'good goal, hard to save that, not the goalies fault'
So why, in discussions following games involving (some of, admittedly) those saves, were people singing his praises, instead of just saying 'Yep, Steele did his job there' or, more likely, nothing being said about him at all?

He's clearly not covered himself in glory in the past few games, but then other players haven't either. And fans should, IMO, either get behind the players or look at the bigger picture to see the fact that Steele (and others) have got us into Europe for him to make those mistakes in the first place!

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
having been on a flight yesterday I followed the first half on NSC (I know… big mistake) given the comments I read léquipe’s ratings seem rather generous!
missed the second half unfortunately but was delighted when we landed and I saw rhe score

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Watching on a shitty internet tv rip off box in a hotel in Rhodes, missed several 3 minute chunks of the game, but it seemed to me Mitoma pulled out of every 50/50 challenge and I was hoping he would be subbed at half time. Must have been f***ing awesome in those patches when the screen froze.
I thought he was awful first half and might be hooked but he did improve 2nd half.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So why, in discussions following games involving (some of, admittedly) those saves, were people singing his praises, instead of just saying 'Yep, Steele did his job there' or, more likely, nothing being said about him at all?

He's clearly not covered himself in glory in the past few games, but then other players haven't either. And fans should, IMO, either get behind the players or look at the bigger picture to see the fact that Steele (and others) have got us into Europe for him to make those mistakes in the first place!
Can't remember Steele mistakes :shrug: I think he did well last year because the defence was by and large fantastic, with Everton and Newcastle exceptions. And we praised him because he's likeable and we want to support him. The defence have been a lot more porous of late, which is highlighting Steele's limitations. To be honest those limitations have always been there. But we'll keep supporting him when he gets picked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here