Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1283377038_JoseLeonardoUlloa.jpg

:)

I know he's the cyclone, but surely he should be the chief?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What are his stats on Football Manager? That is the real question

Dec 29, 2011
So, from the top...
This guy plays in the Spanish second league, which is below the standard of the Championship - yet you're all excited. So what is it about him that's so good?

Some Spanish pundits thought he was too good for Liga Adelante and would be an OK signing for a (lower) Premier League or La Liga side, some of his footage looks good too (but so did Dobbies).

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So, from the top...
This guy plays in the Spanish second league, which is below the standard of the Championship - yet you're all excited. So what is it about him that's so good?

He also scored once in every 2 games in La Liga. The best league in the world.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
So, from the top...

Maybe the price and the fact that Gus, who generally knows a good player - cue he has no eye for a striker, every forward we've signed is shit blah blah blahdedy blah - has identified him as a goalscorer with presence. And maybe just maybe it's about a new player and our imaginations tell us that any new bit of meat should give us a bit more of a chance of promotion that sticking with the lot who have their moments but haven't quite proved their consistency or killer edge yet.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
From Argus site:

Albion have moved another step closer to signing Almeria striker Leonardo Ulloa.

The Argentinian is expected to secure the Spanish passport he needs to play in England next week.

Reports in Spain claiming Ulloa got the passport today have been denied by Albion boss Gus Poyet.

He told The Argus: "The passport itself he is not getting today, it's the citizenship. The passport could, in normal conditions, be next week."

Ulloa, 26, has been linked with other clubs but Poyet is confident Albion are in the driving seat to complete a deal once the passport issue is resolved.

He said: "I think we are the ones showing the most interest."

Meanwhile, Vicente has been included in a 20-strong squad for Derby's visit tomorrow.

The Spanish playmaker has been sidelined since August by thigh trouble.

Poyet said: "There could be a chance (against Derby). We have 20 players tomorrow and he is in the squad."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How do you know this?
I don't. I just got the impression that the top couple of teams in La Liga were brilliant, and the average of the rest a little below the average of the prem, and similar with the 2nd league. Happy to be wrong, just the impression I had.

Some Spanish pundits thought he was too good for Liga Adelante and would be an OK signing for a (lower) Premier League or La Liga side, some of his footage looks good too
Cool bananas, thanks.

He also scored once in every 2 games in La Liga. The best league in the world.
Nice.

Maybe the price and the fact that Gus, who generally knows a good player - cue he has no eye for a striker, every forward we've signed is shit blah blah blahdedy blah - has identified him as a goalscorer with presence. And maybe just maybe it's about a new player and our imaginations tell us that any new bit of meat should give us a bit more of a chance of promotion that sticking with the lot who have their moments but haven't quite proved their consistency or killer edge yet.
Good.

You know what it's like at this time of year, a load of crap threads on players we never considered signing, so I pretty much ignored this one. But the incredible wit on display here seems unstoppable, and it's probably after reading this thread he's decided he'd like to join us. We make some average signings as well as some good ones, I was expecting this to be either nonsense, or fall into the average signing category. I will allow myself to get mildly excited :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here