Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Mckenzie

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Leon Mckenzie - Our next signing?

Southern FM reported this morning that a Sunday paper had indicated that Coppell was to bid for McKenzie from Peterborough. If it's true he would go a long way to replacing Zamora. But I'll believe it when I see it!

:)

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
e block rebellion said:
how goals did he score last season?

He was injured, I think, for a large part of last season so didn't score many goals. He is, however, a strong naturally gifted player so would be a big asset if we can get him.

:)

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He's no Zamora, but he'll be an improvement over the attackers we've currently got. Coppell wants to bring in two new strikers rather than depend on one, so McKenzie paired up with another decent signing would go some way to filling the post-Zamora void.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The report mentioned a sum in the region of £500,000.

We do need a striker or two.

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
there was a rumour about leon mckenzie joining norwich before the start of this season.........

saw him play yesterday , looks okay

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looks like Stevie is being allowed to dabble in the transfer market.

He'll do the buisiness for us:clap:

Dick Knight detractors please note!

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
steve coppell wil get him no trouble

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Trigger said:
We wont be paying a fee for anyone if the rumour doing the rounds at the Crawley game was true...

What rumours?

IED

Jul 17, 2003
Reading
rumours that he will sign for brighton for nothing......

we were going to offer posha bout £250,000 for him

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Blackadder said:
What rumours?

Rumours that none of the Zammo cash will be going on paying a fee for anyone, apparently Knight was quoted as saying this and it was on the radio yesterday morning, didn't hear it myself so not sure what to believe, Chappers, Artois, Safeway, Cheshire, Popkins etc all heard the rumour too... I'm hoping its bollocks! I spose it wont be all that bad if true tho, there are plenty of free strikers out there, dunno how good they are tho.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That rumour was very worrying but i know believe it to be false. Knight on seefax saying that Roberts signing is 'a signal of intent' meaning that money will be available?

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Just read in the News of the World that Peterborough would not even consider a £500,000 deal for McKenzie.

Just speculation though i s'pose

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
That is what Fat Barry Fry said. I do not have inside knowledge of Posh's financial state but I bet it is not so good that their board of directors would turn down £500,000.

I think Fry will end up having a very little say in the matter. I would rather we opened up with a lesser offer though. Put £250,000-£300,00 on the table and see how they react. If they push to half a million then so be it.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I'd be delighted if we landed McKenzie. Stick him up front with Rougier and before long it will be......Zamora? Zamora who?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No more money than was available a few weeks ago!...

We've just netted £1M plus!... or is he saying that Sir Stevie already had cash to spend, because Dick knew he'd sold Zammo for £1.5M?...

If we don't spend now, it is just too ridiculous, and I am ready to join the anti-Knight brigade...

Dear Mr Knight... you have 3 weekks to give Sir Stevie the dosh to get in a couple of good strikers, or you will lose the respect of the rest of the fans... I have consistently stood up for you on this board and elsewhere, but you are in the last chance saloon...

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
McKenzie must have been at Palace while Coppell was there. Does anyone know how they got on? I take it if we are trying to sign him then Coppell wasn’t manager when he got sold to Peterborough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here