Leon Knight today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Anyone else notice Leon Knight was man-marking Idiakez when we didn't have the ball today.

Didn't do a bad job though and credit to him for taking that role on for team.

Deserved the goal he almost got when he hit the post from that free kick.

Yup, Leon Knight the man-marking midfielder. Come on, anyone, who would have thought of that. McGhee - football innovating genius :drink:

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes, as Hinsh was asked to do when Derby came to Withdean last season.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Yup, I thought he had an excellent game, Man of the Match in my book, closely followed by McShane.

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Yeah i realise that, sorry about calling him lathargic, got head around tactics on way home. Did well at his job i'm pleased to say.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he did - and with kazim richards willingness at times to chase everything, he wasnt missed in attack when we didnt have the ball

top work mr mac

KinkyGoebels said:
Thats the key to the season i think, how these two link up

Agreed - but I don't think there was much of that today. Their partnership had to be sacrificed for the good of the defensive shape, but it was a very disciplined effort by Leon, and many I think will a new respect that he carried out his unglamorous role in the gameplan so efficiently. Will look forward to him playing a free-er role against more defence-minded teams.

Derby's system was also quite imaginative, Pesch playing a new deep role off Rasiak. Real game of tactical chess today.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It will be interesting to see how mcghee picks the side for reading after they lost today.

I would suggest 3 5 2 to have a bit more going forward bit still with cover.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Leon hardly gave Idiakez a kick yesterday, which is why Derby don't do so well at home, because it's happening to them more and more.

But stuff them, Leon was great in the role he was asked to do, and if he plays like that when he has a bit more of a free-er role, he may well turn things around for him and the team this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports