Leon Knight? Surely Gary Hart? Wall of Legends.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replace?

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No Hart, no Kuipers, no Storer....but yet we get Leon Knight. Very odd.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Paul Rogers was the most out of place for my money. A very average midfielder who was fortunate enough to captain a successful side. But I wouldn't necessarily have expected to see Leon Knight, Butters or Oatway there either. All decent players, or big personalities, or had one glorious moment that epitomised their career with the Albion. But worthy of a wall of fame spot? Seriously??

Next to Lawrenson, Case,, Wardy, Foster, Zamora etc?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And Kerry Mayo too, but at least it could be argued that he spent his whole career here and played hundreds of times.

Doesn't belong alongside Peter Ward though.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I couldn't help it!

rsz_sdc13441.jpg

Stumpy Tim

Are we talking about the same game? We were battered, beaten, down and out.

Then up stepped Leon, I defy you to tell me that without that penalty we would have won that game.

Wanker he may have turned out to be but on that day, at that time and second he was legend.

Rubbish. Swindon battered us, but we certainly deserved to beat City. They were toothless and never looked like scoring

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Rubbish. Swindon battered us, but we certainly deserved to beat City. They were toothless and never looked like scoring

Spot on. Did Roberts even have to make more than one save? I seem to remember they hit the bar but little more than that. Swindon on the other hand battered us over two legs. I'll never know how we managed to get through those two games.

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Spot on. Did Roberts even have to make more than one save? I se to remember they hit the bar but little more than that. Swindon on the other hand battered us over two legs. I'll never know how we managed to get through those two games.

This.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No Hart is a surprise. Knight may be an utter twat, but he deserves his place for that one season alone

Does he? McGhee almost dropped him for the final, due to his antics and misbehaviour. Leon is legendary because of his behaviour and his acrimonious exit, he is definitely not a legend, in my eyes.

His behaviour during his spell and after his spell, surely discounts him from being anywhere near the legend status. I am surprised that he appeared. I don't know how many are shown, but there must be more than 50 people that did more for this club.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
It is criminal.

That is all.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
All arguments regarding Leon Knight aside - Gary Hart should most definitely be up there, absolutely criminal that he is not..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are we talking about the same game? We were battered, beaten, down and out.

Then up stepped Leon, I defy you to tell me that without that penalty we would have won that game.
I guess we aren't. I get nervous watching the albion, but I was never worried that day, Bristol had no idea what to do with their possession.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This should have been voted for by the fans. The inclusion of Butters, Oatway and Rogers is in keeping with the "jobs for the boys" ethos the club has and is a self congratulatory PR excercise. Of course Hart should have been included.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It looks to me like the 'wall of legends' is designed to be regularly changed. I wouldn't be surprised if OGH and FDM are put into circulation amongst other legends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports