Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon knight signs for Barnton

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I've always been of the opinion that we arsed up not keeping Chris Iwelumo. Appeared to have a relationship with Knight, meaning we would squeezed an extra season out of him.

I think the reported 250k "re-location" package given to him by Aachen means we couldn't really afford to keep him unfortunately. Knight and Iwelumo really were a joy to watch together.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
NSC have got to take that vacant sponsors spot on the main stand!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think the reported 250k "re-location" package given to him by Aachen means we couldn't really afford to keep him unfortunately. Knight and Iwelumo really were a joy to watch together.

Not sure it was that good. It was good for the time and it was a few years until we saw anyhting else of any quailty, it was good, but not that memeorable.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I loved Knighty.
He was exciting to watch and could have been sooooooo good.

As we live in that neck of the woods, will certainly be popping along to a couple of games to see how he gets on.

Leon Knight Knight Knight!!!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not sure it was that good. It was good for the time and it was a few years until we saw anyhting else of any quailty, it was good, but not that memeorable.

You may be right. Given it was the first real partnership we had for sometime, and the last until Murray and Forster I'm probably painting it in a slightly different light to what it was.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What a WASTER.

When people throw away a career down to addiction I have sympathy.

When people throw away a career because of the same bad attitude on around 6-8 seperate occassions, I have none.

"Knight joined Glentoran on 30 January 2012.His stay at Glentoran was relatively short lived, as the club released him in June 2012 when they invoked a probationary clause in his contract after he allegedly made homophobic comments on Twitter."

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I always thought Leon knight was hugely over-rated at the Albion. If my memory serves me correctly, weren't over half his goals in the promotion season penalties? regardless, he looked useless in the championship. Forster was a much better striker for us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The Barnton main stand
x8BZmS9.jpg

The Kop
View attachment 57665

The stadium itself. Oh Leon!
View attachment 57666
Feck me Ive played in better grounds than that. :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Press Release
By Chris Appleton, 21st Aug 2014

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email
Barnton welcome marquee signing

Barnton FC are absolutely delighted to announce and welcome to the club former Swansea City and Brighton & Hove Albion striker Leon Knight.

Knight, who began his career at Chelsea, also lists Sheffield Wednesday, Milton Keynes Dons, Barnsley and Rushden & Diamonds amongst his former clubs, and it's the latter where his link with Barnton boss Andy Burgess came about. Both played for the club in 2008-09 season and Burgess tapped into his former team mate to add to Townfield's fire power.

A major transfer coup for The Villages, Leon, still only 31, scored the winner in the 2004 League One Play Off Final to send Brighton to promotion. A hat trick on his Swansea debut and a number of England caps at U19 and U20 level demonstrate the enormity of the signing, and Knight himself his relishing the challenge. "When Burge came into contact and asked me to come in and help the club out, I had no hesitation. I am based in the North West now so the location is good and Andy and myself always got on well and we have a mutual respect. I intend to do what I've done all my career, feck about, pi$$ off my teammates and manager and get sacked. I'm looking forward to it!"

Burgess added, "We've had a fair few injuries already and I am always looking to progress and add to us. Without a doubt, Knighty is the highest profile player in the division and I've no doubt whatsoever he will score me goals. It's a testament to his love of the game that he's agreed to come in and help me out and I think we will see the best of him. He was outstanding when I played alongside him at Rushden, on and off the pitch he's a real character and he will add to Barnton Football Club as a whole. I cant wait to see him in the $hit!"

Knight will go straight into the squad for Saturday's home fixture against Daisy Hill at Townfield. 3pm kick off, tickets are £5 for adults, £2 concessions.

Corrected ....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here