Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight sacked! [merged]

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Knight proves to be no rough Diamond
Rushden & Diamonds have sacked former Chelsea trainee Leon Knight after he continuously breached the club's code of conduct.

The 26-year-old is now facing the dilemma of not being able to play at any level until the summer of 2011 or until he is signed by another club.

The former Swansea City goal ace is reported to have repeatedly turned up late for training and for first-team fixtures.

Club chairman Keith Cousins told the Evening Telegraph: "His contract has been terminated without prejudice to our right for a fee.

"He has been informed of that in writing this week with the approval of the FA, PFA and Football Conference.

The controversial striker joined Diamonds at the end of August after being kicked out by Wycombe Wanderers boss Peter Taylor.

Knight scored four goals in 13 appearances for Diamonds and also collected four bookings.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy:lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What an utter waste of decent footballing talent, by virtue of a completely awful attitude.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I bet there's a few people here who'd still like to have him back. Frankly the bloke needs therapy, he can't be quite right.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The 26-year-old is now facing the dilemma of not being able to play at any level until the summer of 2011 or until he is signed by another club.

Don't really understand that part though. What does the Summer of 2011 have to do with the price of fish?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I always say it when we hear of the latest slide of Leon Knight ..... I think this is a genuine football tragedy. the guy has so much talent, he shouldn't be anywhere near Wycombe, let alone Rushden & Diamonds, but God knows where he will find himself next.

He's Premiership quality, a legend in his own mind.

scooter1

How soon is now?

Don't really understand that part though. What does the Summer of 2011 have to do with the price of fish?

Rushden still hold his registration, so until such a time that they decide to release it, he's fooked
Silly boy - him, not you..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can't see how Rushdon can not pay him yet retain his registration. The guy clearly has issues as we all know he has an abundance of talent. Actually I feel sorry for him because he's not living on the same planet as the rest of us.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
F...:jester:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

I can only resume that's when his contract runs out, but if he's been sacke, then that makes it null and void surely?!?!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :laugh:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Frutos;2713302Don't really understand that part though. What does the Summer of 2011 have to do with the price of fish?[/QUOTE said:
I guess thats probably the end of his contract. But surely if they sack him and presumably aren't paying him, how can they insist in this restraint of trade. All very strange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here