Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Well don't post or read the thread then.:facepalm: I actually enjoy talking to footballers as do others on here.

I agree, I enjoyed both the "Q&A" sessions we had on here before with Hart and Butters. This is some cool stuff. Leon was a Brighton hero that promotion winning season. He's apologised and apologised and offered to donate to REMF, come on just give the man a break now some of you.

Awaits the sad arselicker comments...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3617034 said:
Awaits the sad arselicker comments...

Don't some people make you sick!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well don't post or read the thread then.:facepalm: I actually enjoy talking to footballers as do others on here.

Fine, but getting beyound the starstruck teenagers syndrome, we have here an ex-player trying to resurrect his failed career - which is fine, we all have to earn a living. But anyone who thinks Leon Knight is the answer to our striking needs is asking a SERIOUSLY f***ed up question.

Gus has already weeded out the, how shall we say, "unfocussed" players in the squad when he binned the likes of Dickinson and Cox. He wants PROFESSIONALS with PROFESSIONAL ATTITUDES. And splice it any way you like, but Leons conduct here and at every other club ever since has been anything but.

He comes across on here as a perfectly pleasant chap, and during the normal course of things I'm sure he is. But his career as a footballer has been a train wreck, and right now, we simply do not need this kind of baggage arriving in the 'shoebox' dressing room. Not this season, not ever.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Fine, but getting beyound the starstruck teenagers syndrome, we have here an ex-player trying to resurrect his failed career - which is fine, we all have to earn a living. But anyone who thinks Leon Knight is the answer to our striking needs is asking a SERIOUSLY f***ed up question.

Gus has already weeded out the, how shall we say, "unfocussed" players in the squad when he binned the likes of Dickinson and Cox. He wants PROFESSIONALS with PROFESSIONAL ATTITUDES. And splice it any way you like, but Leons conduct here and at every other club ever since has been anything but.

He comes across on here as a perfectly pleasant chap, and during the normal course of things I'm sure he is. But his career as a footballer has been a train wreck, and right now, we simply do not need this kind of baggage arriving in the 'shoebox' dressing room. Not this season, not ever.

I respect your opinion but i think you have already made your point clear before. You are just simply regurgitating it again.

You have slightly gone off your original comment about getting "desperate/sad etc.

All i was saying is... don't read this thread if you have lost interest.There's plenty of threads on here i wouldn't touch let alone open ie Tour de bullshit.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I respect your opinion but i've think you have already made your point clear before. You are just simply regurgitating it again.

You have slightly gone off your original comment about getting "desperate/sad etc.

All i was saying is... don't read this thread if you have lost interest.There's plenty of threads on here i wouldn't touch let alone open ie Tour de bullshit.

I havn't lost interest. Its carcrash stuff.

I'm just rubbernecking.

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
Leon, if Brighton don't want you how about a move to Stockport, as I'm sure El Presidente will vouch it is a delightful part of the country :wave: . Give Paul Simpson a ring, I'm sure you'd get a trial.

Imagine the legendary status you would receive if you were instrumental in helping a team that has been down to rock bottom, rise from the ashes like a majestic phoenix. How proud would your children feel then?

I know the younger, less mature Leon Knight may have scoffed and thought himself too big for a team like Stockport, but I'm sure now you recognise that no one player is bigger than any club. I know you are clearly better than Jermaine Defoe, but did you know George Best (surely even young Leon wouldn't claim to be better than him) played for Stockport County.

Fancy bagging 30 goals next season in League 2? this time next year you would be fighting teams off. If not for the opportunity to prove yourself again, consider it for the comedy value of pairing up with the man mountain Barry Conlon in what would be the funniest strike partnership of all time.

Think about it :wink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

While we're pathetically keeping 'strikers' like OGH and Holroyd on the books, its a question that needs asking.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Leon, if Brighton don't want you how about a move to Stockport, as I'm sure El Presidente will vouch it is a delightful part of the country :wave: . Give Paul Simpson a ring, I'm sure you'd get a trial.

Imagine the legendary status you would receive if you were instrumental in helping a team that has been down to rock bottom, rise from the ashes like a majestic phoenix. How proud would your children feel then?

I know the younger, less mature Leon Knight may have scoffed and thought himself too big for a team like Stockport, but I'm sure now you recognise that no one player is bigger than any club. I know you are clearly better than Jermaine Defoe, but did you know George Best (surely even young Leon wouldn't claim to be better than him) played for Stockport County.

Fancy bagging 30 goals next season in League 2? this time next year you would be fighting teams off. If not for the opportunity to prove yourself again, consider it for the comedy value of pairing up with the man mountain Barry Conlon in what would be the funniest strike partnership of all time.

Think about it :wink:

I thought County were in admin? I'm sure Leon doesn't want to earn monopoly money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
While we're pathetically keeping 'strikers' like OGH and Holroyd on the books, its a question that needs asking.

It isn't.
It REALLY REALLY isn't.

I trust Gus will have something up his sleeve that won't involve a troublesome washed-up has been who has done nothing for the last 5 years except piss off every club he's been at.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It isn't.
It REALLY REALLY isn't.

I trust Gus will have something up his sleeve that won't involve a troublesome washed-up has been who has done nothing for the last 5 years except piss off every club he's been at.
Christ don't you go on:glare:

Washed up or not he gave us some splendid moments:drink:

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
what 200 quid a week:laugh:

:blush: Hope not, we have outbid a couple of other League 2 teams for recent signings and also took a GK coach (Dave Timmins, Joe Harts Shrews coach) from a League 1 team after he had been in the job for 3 weeks. Hopefully this means we are past the worst, you'll have to find a new feeder club :thumbsup: .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here