Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon jeanne

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner the club invite Calum Davenport down for a trial, a proven championship central defender in his day, which we lack with El Abd and Elphick injured, but whether or not he could recapture that form is another question.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No BS from me :angel:

In my desperation to see if there was any news, I wondered over to the nearby paper shop to have a quick look at the back page of the Argus and this was in a brief article about the players reporting back.

It would be an amazing story indeed.

Sorry I doubted you; there is just so much BS on here...

face in the crowd

Jan 20, 2006
Sorry I doubted you; there is just so much BS on here...

No worries. People are right to be cynical and it is a hard job figuring what is a genuine comment and what is pure BS for someone to massage their ego.

I only post if I have factual information - hence the low post count!

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Actually, it was 17 Nov 2004, so not really that relevant to now, IMHO...

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Interesting article on Leon Jeanne- Currently training with us

http://blogs.walesonline.co.uk/sport/2011/06/the-hollywood-twist-in-the-leo.html

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Good read and he deserves a chance

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Jeez, the guy is real car crash stuff, does anyone really think he can recover his original potential after all that has gone on before?

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Jeez, the guy is real car crash stuff, does anyone really think he can recover his original potential after all that has goen on before?

Possibly, possibly not. But I would say he has as good a chance of doing it with us as he does anywhere else. The situation the club was in 2 years ago I'd say no chance, but we can afford to take the odd gamble that doesn't work out now, so why not?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Jeez, the guy is real car crash stuff, does anyone really think he can recover his original potential after all that has gone on before?

You never know, and I'd like to think so...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If indeed the guy has completely cleaned up his act, and, that has been demonstrated over a period of time, then TB & GY have nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.

For sure his feet probably wouldn't touch the ground if he reverts to his former ways and any contract offered will be skillfully drafted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wouldn't read anything into a player training with us. Two years ago Dan Harding trained with us for a week or so before signing for Southampton.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i really hope this is either a windup, misunderstanding or he's just training for fitness. so long out of the professional game, and according to the wiki only a game or two a season at teams barely above pub level, i really cant see hes of any interest.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
It's true apparently. Also worth pointing out Gus and the club often facilitate training for players with no intention of signing them ourselves. Favours to clubs, agents etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here