Flairniac
Sep 1, 2010
Leon Jeanne

149608_152702224775539_100001072862174_269952_6444566_n.jpg

Mod edit: play nicely please...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit I have never heard of him but I hope that he can make it and show us some of the skill that number9 tells us he has. I think thay Poyet is prepared to give people a chance if they show they are interested if not they are quickly shown the door. He stuck with Carole for some time but when he realised he was past it got shot of him.

May get a glimpse against Burgess Hill.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is this tweet about us [MENTION=19767]number9[/MENTION]?

"This pre season training is brutal! I'm fit but these guys are another level! Goes to show the levels you have to reach to make is as a pro"

Ryan Simmonds tweeted something very similar :)

Gus is clearly on form!

Not meaning to pry or asking for personal details No9 but when a player comes on trial do they get accommodation provided and do they get some form of expenses or a basic wage? I've often wondered but never been able to find someone to ask

number9

Jun 8, 2011
If he makes it and it becomes a film I'd like to see Al Pacino in Scarface mould play Gus Poyet ha ha

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but most Cardiff and qpr fans will tell you that leon had more potential than most!

What a load of cobblers.

The majority of Cardiff fans wouldn't have clue who Leon Jeanne is, and most of those who do know who he is remember him as nothing more than a few dodgy headlines in the local tabloids.

The fact is that Jeanne played a grand total of 40 minutes of league football for the Bluebirds - 9 minutes in a 2-1 defeat away at Cambridge and 31 minutes in a 1-1 draw with Brighton at Ninian Park.

The only first team game in which he played a full 90 minutes for the City first team was an FA Premier Cup final against Swansea at Ninian. The crowd for that gala event was a massive 6,229.

Most Cardiff fans wouldn't know Leon Jeanne if he was standing next to them.

number9

Jun 8, 2011
Mate - go on the Cardiff city forums and qpr forums and you will see just what they think of him! At Cardiff he didn't play because of off field issues but he was a star at Qpr which saw Crouch say in his autobiography he was the best player he had ever seen! I think crouch is a better judge of player than most of us

number9

Jun 8, 2011
And if he wasn't any good do you really think a championship club would bother to offer him a trial with his background and after 8 years away from the professional game? His talent is not in question but he needs a lot of fitness work

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
chill number 9 - there'll be a market for the book just as long as the main man makes the dream a reality - focus on that :)

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Mate - go on the Cardiff city forums and qpr forums and you will see just what they think of him! At Cardiff he didn't play because of off field issues......

Mate, I spend hours on the Cardiff City forums every week.

Here's what they are saying about him on the biggest and best CCFC message board:

Cardiff City Online: Main Cardiff City Messageboard Leon Jeanne

Cardiff City Online: Main Cardiff City Messageboard Leon Jeanne on trial at Brighton

I don't have to rely on the opinions of others as I watched Jeanne play for City against Cambridge, Brighton, Swansea, and in several reserve games. Plenty of natural ability, bit of a show pony, promising but no more than that. And a piss artist/drug addict for good measure.

It will be amazing if he can earn a contract with a professional club. It will be even more amazing if that club is at Championship level. Personally, I believe the chances are pretty much zero.

number9

Jun 8, 2011
And what has he ever been convicted of? Nothing! He doesn't even have a criminal record! He let himself down when he was younger but has never hurt anyone but himself! What is the point of trying to drag up someone's past? He's trying to get on with his life and better himself! It's tough as it is! Why not just wish him the best even if you personally don't think he is up to it! As for the forums you will see plenty of comments saying that Leon is the most naturally talented player some have ever seen! No ones saying he's going to be the next Messi, just that his talent deserves to be in professional football!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
From yesterdays Argus :-

Poyet said: “Leon is a personal challenge between me and a friend of mine.

“He will be training with us but it’s nothing one way or the other.

“It’s just something between me and somebody I trust.

“I’ve never done this before. I don’t know how it will work.

“I don’t even know the player, although I know his history.

“This isn’t a massive thing. It’s just him getting a chance to train with a good team.”

So, Who's the friend? some challenge.
Good luck to you Leon.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
From yesterdays Argus :-

Poyet said: “Leon is a personal challenge between me and a friend of mine.

“He will be training with us but it’s nothing one way or the other.

“It’s just something between me and somebody I trust.

“I’ve never done this before. I don’t know how it will work.

“I don’t even know the player, although I know his history.

“This isn’t a massive thing. It’s just him getting a chance to train with a good team.”

So, Who's the friend? some challenge.
Good luck to you Leon.

I'm even more intrigued now

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
And what has he ever been convicted of? Nothing! He doesn't even have a criminal record! He let himself down when he was younger but has never hurt anyone but himself! What is the point of trying to drag up someone's past? He's trying to get on with his life and better himself! It's tough as it is! Why not just wish him the best even if you personally don't think he is up to it! As for the forums you will see plenty of comments saying that Leon is the most naturally talented player some have ever seen! No ones saying he's going to be the next Messi, just that his talent deserves to be in professional football!

You've been painting a very romantic picture of Leon Jeanne for our friends in Brighton. As a Cardiff City season ticket holders since the mid-Seventies and a resident of Cardiff all my life, my recollections of Jeanne (and those of the people I've spoken to who remember him, which isn't many) are somewhat different to yours.

It's all about balance. They way you've been describing him, it's as if the lad was destined to be the next Maradona if he'd stayed on the straight and narrow, but the fact of the matter is that he was unable to get a starting place in an average Championship side while he was at Cardiff and he very rarely got a seat on the bench either.

I watched him play on a number of occasions. Talented, no doubt about that, but he really wasn't that great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here