Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon "irresponsible" and "immature"

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but McGhee has told Southern Counties Radio that Leon Knight was "irresponsible" and "immature" for slagging off Chris Turner in public. McGhee seems to have a fixation with I-words, following the saga of Knight's inept/inert performance against Brentford.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I instinctively imagine it improbable it will inspire Leon.:D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Could this incite an incident and it could become inflamitory and initiate an intuative instinct ?

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have to say, I do agree with McGhee somewhat on this one.

All Knight has done (both games, and others) is set himself up for an absolute flaming from opposing fans and club officials/players.

I guess he's just a very confident lad.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Or completely stupid.

MM is right on this one-he's given Wednesday a reason to raise their game.

Leon should have said nothing.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Impertinent, incompetent and ill-advised.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Inexorably imponderable too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Chris Turner has more worries than what Leon has to say about him.

I have just seen an interview with him defending himself against Bates' comments on goalkeepers becoming managers.

Personally I don't think he should have given an interview at all.
The fact that he has means he is a worried man.
I reckon he'll be sacked in a few weeks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its all a load of bollocks. No-one will play any different or any harder for the sake of a few run-of-the-mill wind-up comments in the run up to the game. It makes stuff-all difference.

Wasn't Houllier saying the other night how "his team talk has already been done for him" because of the celebrationary noises coming from the Marseille dressing room at Anfield after their 1-1 draw there ? Yes Gerrard, that really did make ALL the difference in the 2nd leg, didn't it.

We'll win tomorrow because we are a better team. The table after 38 games proves it. Nothing Chris Turner OR Leon Knight says in the run-up will matter a jot. It boils down to 11 v 11, and our 11 is better than theirs.

So carry on slagging him off Leon, and then bury a couple of flick-ons from Big Chris for good measure. Then we can forget about all this crap and concentrate on battering Hartlepool out of sight.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It has to be said, Illegitimate ? Ignoramous ? Insignificant ? Insidious ? Insane ? Inane ? Individualistic ? Insulting ? Insular ? In shit ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here