Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Best

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In fairness he could have been a viable target (although I don't think we were actually looking at him) until Pardew resurrected his Toon career so spectacularly last night

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, we really need another striker called Leon...

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Don't care if he's called Palace Archer-McGleish, if he can score three against a Premiership side.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I said to my dad about 2 weeks ago that we should put in a loan bid for him seen as that no manager has really given him a chance and he had a fairly good record at Coventry before he went to Newcastle. Then he came on against Wigan and looked sharp, although he did miss a good chance, and i then said we had no chance now. Then last night he done that.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
I said to my dad about 2 weeks ago that we should put in a loan bid for him seen as that no manager has really given him a chance and he had a fairly good record at Coventry before he went to Newcastle. Then he came on against Wigan and looked sharp, although he did miss a good chance, and i then said we had no chance now. Then last night he done that.

Sorry, but we could all say that after the event!

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Sorry, but we could all say that after the event!

We can, but as i don't know you and don't really care if you believe me or not it doesn't matter does it. As i know my dad, seeing his face when the hat-trick popped up on the bottom of the Aresenal-City game, it was great. Still doubt we would have got him though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Always liked Best. He tore us apart playing for Yeovil in that xmas game at Withers.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
There was a few Championship sides sniffing around him last week, I believe one was Forest.

He was lazy for us, scored the most ludicrious own goal in the play off semi 2007, and then missed in the penalty shootout. Then off he trotted to Coventry when we ran out of money. Git

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here