Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Best: The Poll

Would you be happy with Best?

• Total voters

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
Rudy Gestede barely scored till he joined Blackburn. Now look at him.

He is a better lone striker than CMS -not that it's much of an accolade- and hopefully the ball won't bounce 5 yards off him every time. It's an improvement on what we have.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where does this Hughton knows him come from? Best joined February 2010 Hughton left in December 2010 so they had the last 3 months of 09/10 season and the first few months of 10/11 season together so yes he does but only for a few months.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Being kind, if it's a case of O'Grady out, Best in then I can live with that because Hughton knows him and might be able to get him to improve on pretty ordinary record.

That said, we just had Darren Bent on loan and he is clearly better than Best, similarly we were told O'Grady wasn't a replacement for Ulloa but he basically was.

I get the impression that the club has written off this season and is treading water until the summer window opens.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Have gone for 'fence', but that aside, this is one of the most narrowest polls I've seen on NSC given that there are four options.

A marginally better player than O'Grady so happy enough but this is not good enough for a replacement for Bent, so hope we are still beavering away

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's not exactly an inspiring signing - the odds are that he won't set the world alight and will be distinctly underwhelming but I'll be quite happy for him to prove be wrong

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I voted yes on the basis that this is clearly a CH manager signing. Positive......

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
He adds a bit presence and is marginally better than what we've got but without that someone in the middle who can move the ball forward better we'll always struggle to score..

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
That is almost the definition of arrogance. Hypocrite.

Having witnessed the insistent, sometimes relentless and occasionally vindictive fashion in which you dismiss posters who don't share your opinion I think that arrogance barely covers your attitude. Know thyself. Hypocrite.

DavePage

From listening to player on Saturday, he was mentioned quite a lot, mainly in a good positive light. A couple of misses also.
Sounded like he was improving and if he doesn’t get the minutes on the pitch, that wouldn’t happen.
Would be disappointed if i was COG, but that is being part of a squad.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I don't understand why Best is being played ahead of O'Grady. He never looks like scoring, he doesn't hold the ball up as well as O'Grady and he doesn't run around as much as O'Grady. I can't think of any aspects of Best's game that he is better at than O'Grady.

O'Grady has been playing really well so dropping him makes no sense.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I wonder if, given this boards track record on writing strikers off, whether it may be a little premature to comment?

Personally, I've not seen that he gives us anything more or less than COG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here