Leon best [signs on a half-year loan]

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Another possible loan. How wonderful.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Won't get much more game time with us if we persist in not playing a target man with someone playing off him. Shame really as in Colunga, Baldock and CMS we have three players best suited to playing off a target man :shrug:

This bit I agree with. I am at a loss as to why we persist in playing CMS in the middle, when he should be playing to the right of the target main (COG for now). I'm assuming CH won't change his prefered 4-2-3-1 formation BTW.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Another possible loan. How wonderful.

Agreed. Are we not confident that the players we're signing are good enough for a perm deal? All wrong IMHO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. Are we not confident that the players we're signing are good enough for a perm deal? All wrong IMHO.

Much cheaper too. I can't get my head around "charge high", then cheesepare on what is being sold. If we don't sign some genuine Championship players on contracts I can see season ticket sales absolutely plummeting. It's a really bizarre way to run the club imo. Are we being taken for granted?

The spin on how we are spending more than ever on players is all smoke and mirrors as we have no long term commitment to these high earning sub standard loan players.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You would have to view Best as a stop-gap until the summer as even on a free transfer we couldn't afford the full cost of his current deal with Blackburn.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Looks like we're getting in stop gaps for the remainder of the season , hopefully we'll make the permanent ones in the summer.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Looks like we're getting in stop gaps for the remainder of the season , hopefully we'll make the permanent ones in the summer.

I hope this approach doesn't backfire. It suggests that the club are confident that we have the squad to stay up. I'm not so sure.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps the emphasis is to write off this season and just avoid relegation much as many suggest we could still make the play offs. If CH thinks Best can help lets go for it.

Good luck with convincing anyone other than hard core fans to renew their season tickets with that philosophy

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

My hope went with the standard of players we signed last summer. The club needs, IMHO, to make a marque (perm) signing THIS window to get the fans back on board or watch the ST renewals plummet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good luck with convincing anyone other than hard core fans to renew their season tickets with that philosophy

If the results improve and we won the next 6 or 7 games selling ST would be no problem as fans always see and expect the best. They would adopt the attitude that if that form had been for all of the season we would have been promoted so next season it is going to be the season, lets renew our ST.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nothing seems to have changed on our approach to signings despite Chris Hughton's appointment....sadly.

This. It HAS to change. Bargain basement won't cut it with the butterfly fans. Sorry Tony, recruitment strategy MUST change.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If the results improve and we won the next 6 or 7 games selling ST would be no problem as fans always see and expect the best. They would adopt the attitude that if that form had been for all of the season we would have been promoted so next season it is going to be the season, lets renew our ST.

Totally disagree, you are talking about hard core fans, not ones who have paid for a season ticket and hardly turned up this year. The complete lack of ambition shown by the club this season will have turned plenty of people off renewing. Continued lack of investment will only worsen the situation imo. Time will tell if your ( and probably the clubs) rather cavalier attitude to season ticket holders is right though/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here