Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Best dropped by Ipswich

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One wonders where the board at Ipswich see the club going..how much of the Murphy money was allowed for buying players

I think they are historically one of the most sensible boards and not known for knee jerks re sackings?

My comment was more tongue in cheek. I imagine he's safe...ish

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep, just edging out Billy 'Barn Door' Paynter, Jon Obika, and that Rodrigues chap.

Add a uninterested Bent to that list, the way he dived on the floor waving to be taken off when we were 2-0 against Ipswich (i think) was disgraceful clearly did not want to be here in a relegation scrap... actually played better when he went off I think we drew 2-2

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Supposedly told Mick Mccarthy he was 'F*cking clueless' as he was substituted after doing nothing against Non-League Lincoln in the cup.... or that's where it stemmed.

On the subject of Mick Mccarthy, I think he's very underrated as a manager. That Ipswich squad is absolutely turd, having been forced into selling Darryl Murphy (top scorer) and being given next to nothing to replace him (hence Leon Best), he's actually done pretty well to take them to 6th and 7th in previous 2 seasons (again having had no money at all in comparison).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Add a uninterested Bent to that list, the way he dived on the floor waving to be taken off when we were 2-0 against Ipswich (i think) was disgraceful clearly did not want to be here in a relegation scrap... actually played better when he went off I think we drew 2-2

True enough, but he did only play a few games, and at least bagged us a goal against Fulham.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
why don't they pay up his contract now and just get rid of him rather than waste their time with coaching and physio and whatever other professionals time he is likely to take up as well as the negative impact he will have on other players

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
why don't they pay up his contract now and just get rid of him rather than waste their time with coaching and physio and whatever other professionals time he is likely to take up as well as the negative impact he will have on other players

They are doing the whole of football a favour. If they pay him up now he'll still be able to join a new club (should any of them be stupid enough to want him) even once the window has closed as he'll be a free agent. Hopefully Ipswich will wait another week and then release him ensuring he cannot play league football for the rest of the season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They are doing the whole of football a favour. If they pay him up now he'll still be able to join a new club (should any of them be stupid enough to want him) even once the window has closed as he'll be a free agent. Hopefully Ipswich will wait another week and then release him ensuring he cannot play league football for the rest of the season.

If he becomes a free agent he can sign for a new mug err I mean club outside the window can't he?

Just let him rot with the U21's!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If he becomes a free agent he can sign for a new mug err I mean club outside the window can't he?

Just let him rot with the U21's!

Only if he becomes a free agent during this window. Rules prevent players who are released outside of a window playing for anyone until the next window opens. See what happened with Dean Cox for example, was released by Orient the day after the summer window closed, although he signed for Crawley he couldn't play for them until January.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hand on heart does anyone, in all honesty, actually 'hate' to say 'I told you so'?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012

looks like they have

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 17.13.21.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here