Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Best <Booooooooooooo>

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
...yes he would have, that's the point. Best, COG & CMS can't hit a barn door. If Ulloa was still with us this season, let alone Shearer, he would have scored 15+ goals and we would have finished mid-table.

We have been absolutely toothless this season - we have been desperately absent of a striker. This is not a one-dimensional analysis, it's just incredibly obvious.

Booing Best is acceptable as he's not our player, he has been abysmal, he has a bad attitude and he can **** off to another club ASAP.

Don't agree. The strikers have been feeding off scraps. I can't remember seeing a decent cross this season where Best could have demonstrated one of his finishing qualities. How many truely creative players do we have in the squad? Not many last time I counted.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Don't agree. The strikers have been feeding off scraps. I can't remember seeing a decent cross this season where Best could have demonstrated one of his finishing qualities. How many truely creative players do we have in the squad? Not many last time I counted.

There have been potential opportunities wasted due to a bad first touch, others due to indecisiveness, others to what appears to be a fear of shooting. For whatever reason, our strikers have embodied these qualities this season.

I agree that they haven't had many chances, but those which have fallen to them have, in general, been wasted.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Absolutely hilarious that some believe he will be signed, he clearly is past his best no pun intended but he was worth a look given his past career performances.

Yes it is the sorriest piece of scapegoating I've seen by our fans for a while, none of our other strikers have been any better - O'Grady now looks like achieving the unbelievable feat of an entire season with a non-pen league goal.

Lets hope we can mug off Sheff Utd for 500k for COG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are forgetting some of the decent crosses CoG or CMS have put into the box.

There was quality finishing on the end of O'Grady's cross v Blackburn.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not so. The strikers have only been offered scraps it's true, but they haven't been feeding off them, that's the trouble. I wonder what Alan Shearer's scraps to goals ratio was?

There were scraps, but if you check the shots off target for the season, you'll find the creativity is there. What we haven't got is strikers who can finish.
It takes brains, speed of thought to pounce on loose balls in the area, guile to fool Championship defenders, or brute strength to hold off huge centre backs without falling over.
We can't even put one on one chances away.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Best is a professional loan player happy to tout his less than energetic efforts to the highest bidder to fund the lifestyle he started while in the Premier League. The fact he was an unused sub yesterday spoke volumes.

On the wider debate we do not create enough chances with our formation. Having one up front is going back out of fashion and a 5-3-2 might suit us next season. But when those two have to be selected from said professional loan player, a permanently unlucky player with the first touch of a rhino and a decent guy with excellent first touch but no pace what do you think will happen.

Keep Baldock, but a new DECENT genuine 9 to replace Ulloa is a must and get in a couple of back ups that have done well in League One. IMO like.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't be doing with booing a player like that, but I think people were taking the opportunity to make clear to CH that they very much would not approve of any thoughts of extending Leon's Albion career.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why do football fans blame strikers when the team is not scoring? This is such a one dimensional analysis. You could have put Alan Shearer up front for us this season and he wouldn't have scored.

I disagree with this. There is a general lack of creativity but there's still been enough good chances that should have been taken. Ulloa would have bagged 12 or 13 this season I reckon.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
...yes he would have, that's the point. Best, COG & CMS can't hit a barn door. If Ulloa was still with us this season, let alone Shearer, he would have scored 15+ goals and we would have finished mid-table.

We have been absolutely toothless this season - we have been desperately absent of a striker. This is not a one-dimensional analysis, it's just incredibly obvious.

Booing Best is acceptable as he's not our player, he has been abysmal, he has a bad attitude and he can **** off to another club ASAP.
This completely - shearer etc would be in the right position to score - our clueless/ useless 'strikers' are a joke - the worst ever in my 35yrs of watching the Albion

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't agree with the boos, but...

Best is the laziest ****er I think I've ever seen play upfront for Brighton in my 40-odd years of watching the Albion. He WAS talented, but now? I think not; he has lost it.

As others have said, I hope TB and CH have got the message that signing him would be a HUGE mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here