Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leo Ulloa

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
All ready seeing some very unfair criticism towards Ulloa after Saturday. What did he actually do wrong? I thought he had a fairly decent game Saturday in tough situation. Off the ball he looked very good making the right runs, coming short then looking to get in behind as well. Any time we looked dangerous he was involved and looked like he could form a decent partnership with CMS. I am really excited about this player, but in typical NSC fashion he has to score in every game to be any good.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
All ready seeing some very unfair criticism towards Ulloa after Saturday. What did he actually do wrong? I thought he had a fairly decent game Saturday in tough situation. Off the ball he looked very good making the right runs, coming short then looking to get in behind as well. Any time we looked dangerous he was involved and looked like he could form a decent partnership with CMS. I am really excited about this player, but in typical NSC fashion he has to score in every game to be any good.
Because HE is a USELESS Argie waste of space. We would of (sic) BEEN better off KEEPING Dobbie.

(Sorry, I'll stop this now).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I thought he was ok, played quite well. I think he needs to look at the ball more as it approaches him, and not his marker. Too often he looked first at Llera, and then barged into him, giving away niggly free kicks. It almost seemed as though Gus subbed him to protect him from a second yellow, and so our second red card.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Give the guy a brake, he's only played two bloody games all season!

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I thought he was ok, played quite well. I think he needs to look at the ball more as it approaches him, and not his marker. Too often he looked first at Llera, and then barged into him, giving away niggly free kicks. It almost seemed as though Gus subbed him to protect him from a second yellow, and so our second red card.

Perhaps he subbed him due to him being tired having only played twice all season?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like another NSC vocabulary f***-up is rearing its ugly head (unless there is an in-joke I'm missing) - the difference between 'brake' and 'break'.
Yeah, there's a thread about 'taking the breaks off', which was followed by a spoof Ernest one about about us 'not getting the brakes'. It's spilled over a bit I'm afraid!

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Yes probably. Hence saying 'It almost seemed...'

It happened soon after his yellow, and the Wednesday fans were really on his case.

They did a good job (Wednesday fans) of getting on our players backs and buying free kicks. Barnes decision not an example was a definite red. But I'm convinced that their over reaction to tackles conned the ref at times.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes probably. Hence saying 'It almost seemed...'

It happened soon after his yellow, and the Wednesday fans were really on his case.

The ref was likely to give Spanish Len a second yellow for not being able to speak English and needing Calderon to be an acting interpreter. :lol:

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Ulloa didn't seem to do anything wrong on Saturday, looked like a good old fashioned battle between a big strong centre half and a not quite as big centre forward. I didn't see the centre half complain once. I agree that if Ulloa looked at the ball more often than trying to see where the centre half was he may have achieved more. He was definitely subbed to prevent a second yellow as just before the ref had had a word with Ulloa with Calderon, skipper and interpreter, in attendance. His booking, though, was a joke; all he did was pressure the defender into conceding a throw-in and got booked for his efforts.

He showed some good movement and touch on Saturday, on the extended highlights there is a free kick that clearly demonstrates his movement and resulted in Ulloa getting a shot on target that Kirkland saved very well low down to his near post.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Two games in and Leo has scored one, had one disallowed, and played around two thirds of a game as a lone striker against the bruise brothers. He has had very little game time this season, has to adapt to a new country and new team, and the way they play......... a bit of patience perhaps.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I thought Ulloa did ok, early on he showed a good first touch and had a couple of half chances that weren't easy but he got them on target. Then the Sheff Weds CBs got on his case and he gave some back which earned him a yellow. Instead of Ulloa then concentrating on his own game he then looked a bit of a moaner with lots of Latin gesticulations which that Ref took against and surprise surprise he was on a final warning. I hope he will learn from that because given a few more games to get match fit and tune into our style he will do ok - especially if he gets the right support. I think CMS and Ulloa could be a good pairing.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yeah, there's a thread about 'taking the breaks off', which was followed by a spoof Ernest one about about us 'not getting the brakes'. It's spilled over a bit I'm afraid!

If Ernest is involved then it definately wont be funny. He is to humour, what bathnight is to a rabid dog.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
He was at times concentrating a bit too much on backing in rather than winning the ball, but he held it up well again and got absolutely sweet FA protection from the ref when he was being bundled over, kicked, having his shirt pulled etc by that cretin Llera. How he was basically one more 'foul' from a red is a mystery to me; it would have been the most pathetic red card I've ever seen. The crowd took a disliking to him when he went down a bit easily early on, and their full-back went down cheaper than a bargain Parisian whore to buy the yellow card. From then on the ref was waiting for an excuse to make it 12v9.

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
Have to say that I thought the ref definately had it in for him. He took his fair share of rough treatment and got nothing from that ref. I couldn't quite believe some of the decisions that went against him and it was just a matter of time before he got a second yellow card. (Not that he deserved the first)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here