Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicestershire

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
:bounce:

Am off next Friday, with the better half and can't wait. Hope this weather holds out for another couple of weeks.

So far we've booked a tour of the Walkers Stadium, National Space Center and Leicester Abbey.

well, it is very hot and humid today. Weather set to break here Monday/Tuesday though.

Why the Walkers? It is a bus-stop compared to Falmer were they ran out of money. Not been there with the Albion?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
well, it is very hot and humid today. Weather set to break here Monday/Tuesday though.

Why the Walkers? It is a bus-stop compared to Falmer were they ran out of money. Not been there with the Albion?

I've heard good things about it, and it looks impressive on TV, we got a leaflet from Leicester City and they sell it as one of the most impressive pieces of architecture in the East Midlands.

Never been there but did go to Filbert Street.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've heard good things about it, and it looks impressive on TV, we got a leaflet from Leicester City and they sell it as one of the most impressive pieces of architecture in the East Midlands.

Indeed.
The Walkers is right up there with the Braunstone multi-storey car park, and in terms of its aesthetic appeal, could even be favourably compared with the elegant, sweeping concrete lines of the Enderby flyover at Junction 21 of the M1.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Indeed.
The Walkers is right up there with the Braunstone multi-storey car park, and in terms of its aesthetic appeal, could even be favourably compared with the elegant, sweeping concrete lines of the Enderby flyover at Junction 21 of the M1.

Lush :love:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Indeed.

Or maybe even Leicester Forest East Services? Ask them to see their big screen? or theior high quality finishes in their Executive Lounges?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Never been there but did go to Filbert Street.

They must be joking! With Welford Road round the corner, they could not even claim that to be the case within a few hundred yards! :wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Or maybe even Leicester Forest East Services? Ask them to see their big screen? or theior high quality finishes in their Executive Lounges?

Is that the one with the spectacular glass tube spanning the M1 between the northbound and southbound service stations ?

If so, the Burger King on the southbound side is WELL worth a look. It has the 8th largest number of service tills in any Burger King in the midlands (six in total, although not all of them are manned).

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Is that the one with the spectacular glass tube spanning the M1 between the northbound and southbound service stations ?

If so, the Burger King on the southbound side is WELL worth a look. It has the 8th largest number of service tills in any Burger King in the midlands (six in total, although not all of them are manned).

You REALLY know how to live it up :clap2:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
NSC Rule Number One:

Places outside Sussex must be ridiculed.

Indeed, places in Sussex like Hastings, Crawley and Littlehampton should also be ridiculed. Two of them are interesting places!

Strangely, the boring mid Sussex towns like HHeath, Burglar Bill and Crowborough aren't ridiculed.

JuicySeagull

Feb 6, 2008
Derby
I think Leicester is amazing, it's great for shopping (I'm a girl, so I should know!) and there is so much history in the city centre.

If you can, go to Attenborough Nature Reserve - now that is beautiful! It's not that far from Loughborough.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
NSC Rule Number One:

Places outside Sussex must be ridiculed.

Indeed, places in Sussex like Hastings, Crawley and Littlehampton should also be ridiculed. Two of them are interesting places!

Strangely, the boring mid Sussex towns like HHeath, Burglar Bill and Crowborough aren't ridiculed.

What is Rule Number Two?

Some pompus prick has to come up with a smart-arse comment?

I live and work in Leicestershire - so I would have thought it gives me the right to be candid about Leicester? In my opinion, both Nottingham and Lincoln are far nicer cities - and again, I go to both regularly.

Having worked in Leicester for over three years and been forced to take clients to the Walkers and to go there for board meetings in our Box, I suspect I am better qualified to comment on the place than you?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What is Rule Number Two?

Some pompus prick has to come up with a smart-arse comment?

I live and work in Leicestershire - so I would have thought it gives me the right to be candid about Leicester? In my opinion, both Nottingham and Lincoln are far nicer cities - and again, I go to both regularly.

Having worked in Leicester for over three years and been forced to take clients to the Walkers and to go there for board meetings in our Box, I suspect I am better qualified to comment on the place than you?

Strewth! Strange that one upsets people on NSC unintentionally!
But what a bonus to be abused by somebody who calls you pompous and can't spell it!

Sorry, I was making a general comment about the rather unpleasant NSC trait of slagging off other parts of the country.
I wasn't having a go at you fella. My limited knowledge of the city of Leicester would totally concur with and respect your comments.

If you don't believe me about the attitudes to other parts of the country, just try setting up threads about Liverpool, Southend, Leeds, Southampton, Colchester, Coventry, Sheffield, Swindon and all English places generally.

Thank you for calling me a smart-arse. It has boosted my self worth or something. Cheers.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Got back this morning, had a cracking time. Weather was mixed although it was glorious yesterday and I am quite badly burned.

We took in the Space Museum which was amazing, Walkers Stadium was impressive, really interesting and insightful tour and £35m well spent.

We took in Burton v Derby on Saturday, Pirelli Stadium is a lovely ground and was a decent game, Derby looked an impressive outfit and I wouldn't be surprised if they're in the promotion shake up this season.

We went shopping in Lougborough which was a pleasant enough town, and kept the better half happy. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable weekend, thanks for your suggestions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here