Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is not news.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
In my opinion Leiecster have not 'cheated' this season, should they go on to win the title the achievement belongs to those players and the manager who have achieved. They may well have shiftily bought themselves out of the championship but compared to their competitors in the Premier League they are financial small fry.

If belatedly found guilty they should pay the fine that would/should have been applied at the time.

Possibly not financially but as Easy 10 points out - their players and club also seem involved with this EPO Doctor - I hope we are much cleaner both financially and medically

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...g-england-cricket-international-a6965761.html

Dr Mark Bonar was secretly filmed by The Sunday Times claiming he had treated 150 British and foreign sportspeople, including Premier League footballers from clubs such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester City and Birmingham City, an England international cricketer, British cyclists, a British boxer, tennis players and martial arts fighters.

He was recorded as he prescribed the banned substance erythropoietin (EPO), which increases the production of red blood cells, to an aspiring athlete and he also alleged he had prescribed drugs including steroids and human growth hormone. Dr Bonar even claimed to have treated two professional dancers who have appeared on the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm 99.9% sure the answer is 'yes of course the club is', but for my piece of mind, humour me.

With the introduction of:-

Nikki M
Bong
Goldson
Uwe
Rosenior
Sidwell?
Manu
Murphy
Knockaert
Hemed
Zamora
Wilson?
+ the one I always forget.

The Albion are still going to comply with FFP, aren't they?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm 99.9% sure the answer is 'yes of course the club is', but for my piece of mind, humour me.

With the introduction of:-

Nikki M
Bong
Goldson
Uwe
Rosenior
Sidwell?
Manu
Murphy
Knockaert
Hemed
Zamora
Wilson?
+ the one I always forget.

The Albion are still going to comply with FFP, aren't they?
I know what you mean, but the limit is 7m higher than last year. We've also offloaded a few high earners: CMS, Kemy, COG, Colunga

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
It has always seemed a bit ridiculous that FFP punishes owners who want to pump their own money in to a club. Which then results in these sorts of odd strategies to get the funds into the clubs whilst pretending they're not coming from the owner.

I say let these guys pump as much money in to the game as they want- transfers will benefit other clubs as will loanees.

I support the idea of discouraging clubs racking up debt- but that's not the issue if an owner just wants to put money in.

It all feels like less of an issue when every club in the Prem gets a minimum £100 million TV money from next season..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here