Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester maybe staying up gives Brighton some more money in the summer

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Surely you don't know that for sure? How would you know the details of the Barnes -/ Buckley deals that weren't released?!
It's noted in the accounts for last year. Doesn't say how much for each team just a potential total, which I think was 2.5m.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's noted in the accounts for last year. Doesn't say how much for each team just a potential total, which I think was 2.5m.

Ah ok - sorry!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
For some reason I have in my head that we can get up to £4 million if Leicester, Sunderland, and Burnley stay up. I think the Ulloa deal was we get £1.5 million if Leicester stay up and £1 million if they return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

I think someone on here said we get the most if Sunderland stay up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For some reason I have in my head that we can get up to £4 million if Leicester, Sunderland, and Burnley stay up. I think the Ulloa deal was we get £1.5 million if Leicester stay up and £1 million if they return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

It would make sense, as Sunderland have 2 players so therefore more bonus money.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It would make sense, as Sunderland have 2 players so therefore more bonus money.

It would, sadly they have just gone into the relegation zone, but at least Leicester came out of it.
The suggestion that we get some money if Leo score between 10-15 goals is interesting. I looked on Wiki and it says he has scored 10 goals, 8 in the Premier league. I wonder if we have received any money or it is just on Premier League goals

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I think it was only 500k if they stay up, but that's in addition to the 500k for 20 first team appearances by Ulloa.

The maximum we could receive is £4.30m but we have a maximum "liability" of £1.87m - ie on balance you're figure's correct. If anything is paid either way then this won't be specifically visible in the accounts, it'll appear as part of the player trading figure for the year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We get money if Leicester, Burnley or Sunderland stay up.
I'm surprised we get anything for Burnley, given that they weren't in the PL when they bought Barnes, how cheap he was, and the fact is contract was going to be up before Burnley started their PL season anyway.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Here's hoping. I'll take ANY positive about the Albion right now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm surprised we get anything for Burnley, given that they weren't in the PL when they bought Barnes, how cheap he was, and the fact is contract was going to be up before Burnley started their PL season anyway.

I'm not. We'd already rejected one bid, so it doesn't surprise me that PB (I'm assuming he did the deal) squeezed as much out of it as possible. Given that Burnley were looking good for promotion by the end of the Jan window, I'd say that it was a sensible clause.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A particular bugbear of mine is how many people forget how FFP works. It is on a year by year basis. If you don't spend it, it is gone for FFP sakes. Hence the money for Barnes couldn't be spent this season because it came in last seasons accounts.

So the big question is, when do we get any due add-on payments if teams stay up? If this season then it will make Tony happy to have money in the bank but we can't add it to next season's allowance. Also, if we get transfer fees in installments, do they then count for the season you receive them in? That's the bit I've never understood.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ulloa add ons, I'm very reliably informed, were;

+£1m on 20 appearances in season 2014/15
+£1m if they stay up, season 2014/15
+£1m if they stay up, season 2015/16 or are promoted, should they have been relegated in 2014/15

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Tell me more about this football utopia you speak of . . .

It's a wonderful place, where Calderon is multiplied by its millions, every kid and adult has long hair and a goatee. Rivers run with chocolate sauce and children laugh and play. There is also no such thing as cpfc. It's a myth to scare kids.

It's beautiful.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's a wonderful place, where Calderon is multiplied by its millions, every kid and adult has long hair and a goatee. Rivers run with chocolate sauce and children laugh and play. There is also no such thing as cpfc. It's a myth to scare kids.

It's beautiful.
Do people moan about having nothing to moan about, or do they just make them queue up for 5 minutes to buy a pie to make them happy?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looking good now with Leicester and Sunderland staying up. Hull's last two games look really tough. Can't see more than a point for them. Much needed cash boost which will hopefully be used for transfer fees.

Away Spurs
Home Man Utd

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looking good now with Leicester and Sunderland staying up. Hull's last two games look really tough. Can't see more than a point for them. Much needed cash boost which will hopefully be used for transfer fees.

Away Spurs
Home Man Utd
We don't have a problem finding transfer fee money. Wages are the key to getting good players in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here