Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester fans response

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sat with a leicester fan in the esu he liked the stadia,thought the getting away after was a pain and we didn't use the catering,he thought lua lua was rapid! And in general liked the way we played but still found it scary when we fiddled around at the back but then he said it must work???

did he ask why games at our place ended after 80 mins?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
are the Leicester fans having a laugh about our ground the amex is best in the championship and better then those shitty bowl shape stadium

porterr

Jan 7, 2007
Oh the beloved footie fans, one week top of the league, the next all gloom and doom, remind you of anything??- Looking at their forums it does prove that NSC on its day is a quality forum, and we are very lucky to have such an august publication.

"Overall, the worst performance of the season. No surprise that we were beaten as Brighton were comfortably the best side we've played this season, by an absolute distance. I'm amazed they're where they are and I'm amazed that Barnsley won there. It begs the question if it was them on a good day, or Leicester making them look better than they are - I'd say it's a bit of both"

theboybilly

Anyone who is calling Leicester's performance yesterday the worst performance they've ever seen has really not been to many football matches. We were bloody good yesterday, but they played quite well for spells and the game could have gone very differently. They looked pretty dangerous in a spell in the first half, and after their goal in the second half, and we were 'lucky' to get the penalty when we did because it would have been a very nervy last 20 minutes if we hadn't. Anyway, who cares, I just think it's incredible to think that people are THAT disgusted about their performance!

Exactly. Leicester were getting up a head of steam after their goal and Brezovan was far the busier keeper without really being tested too much. Bringing Kaz on gave a lift to the crowd and the team almost immediately and the Albion began to look the side they were in the first half again. A definite penalty, given away cheaply because Barnes had been going down easily all over the pitch. Leicester should have taken heed of his antics. I'm finding it a bit tiresome to be honest.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly. Leicester were getting up a head of steam after their goal and Brezovan was far the busier keeper without really being tested too much. Bringing Kaz on gave a lift to the crowd and the team almost immediately and the Albion began to look the side they were in the first half again. A definite penalty, given away cheaply because Barnes had been going down easily all over the pitch. Leicester should have taken heed of his antics. I'm finding it a bit tiresome to be honest.

I used to feel the same but now it doesn't bother me. Sadly, every club in professional football has at least one player who goes to ground too easily-why should we be any different? We've had enough dodgy penalties given against us. I don't like it but have no problem with the odd dodgy one in our favour.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If you think Barnes had been going down too easily then you must be very steady on your feet yourself. He was being strangled, pulled, pushed and no doubt covered in bruises today with two defenders all over him. The ref was reluctant to send anyone off with two yellows, so Leicester realised this after 20 mins or so and gave him a torrid time. The penalty was very clear although not as clear as Upson's appeal.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If you think Barnes had been going down too easily then you must be very steady on your feet yourself. He was being strangled, pulled, pushed and no doubt covered in bruises today with two defenders all over him. The ref was reluctant to send anyone off with two yellows, so Leicester realised this after 20 mins or so and gave him a torrid time. The penalty was very clear although not as clear as Upson's appeal.

Completely agree. What I find tiring is the constant need to find fault with Barnes, even after he performs as he did on Saturday. No matter what he does, someone will always want to slag him off.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Completely agree. What I find tiring is the constant need to find fault with Barnes, even after he performs as he did on Saturday. No matter what he does, someone will always want to slag him off.

This.

People near me will moan at him for not sprinting at full speed to close down the goalkeeper when that keeper already has the ball in complete control and is 25 yards away. Also, it's always Barnes' fault if he doesn't control a long ball that is 5+ yards above his head

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This.

People near me will moan at him for not sprinting at full speed to close down the goalkeeper when that keeper already has the ball in complete control and is 25 yards away. Also, it's always Barnes' fault if he doesn't control a long ball that is 5+ yards above his head

He gets a slightly more comfortable ride from the KNOB who sits behind my Dad in the 1901, now that Sparrow and Vincelot have moved on, as he used to blame Barnes for every misplaced pass they did, as well as his own. Some of Dicker's too, I think. Possibly a couple of painter's as well.

He really is a proper KNOB.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

No chance of getting a penalty from Lua Lua, his diving is really poor and quite sad when he has an opportunity on goal but throws himself on the floor, he needs coaching in a few aspects of his game.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
There seem to be a fair amount of knobs at the Amex

If there isn't then it's probably you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here