Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester fan in peace!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I need to ask though, how are you not higher up!!!????

This question could equally be posed the other way round. Given that, anyone who's seen our recent performances might plausibly conclude that we're not very good, the question that last night's game raises is "how are Leicester not further down??".

Having said that, it did sound from the radio commentary and a few fan reports on here as if last night was one of the few occasions when we managed to combine our passing game with some real pace and attack. The really good thing is that it makes the next few games much more interesting than they would otherwise have been.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, this is refreshing - an "<insertclubhere> fan in peace" thread, that is actually just that.

Normally, they announce themselves as 'in peace' and move onto snidey digs or homophobia, by the third line!

chris_lcfc_85

Apr 9, 2014
This question could equally be posed the other way round. Given that, anyone who's seen our recent performances might plausibly conclude that we're not very good, the question that last night's game raises is "how are Leicester not further down??".

Having said that, it did sound from the radio commentary and a few fan reports on here as if last night was one of the few occasions when we managed to combine our passing game with some real pace and attack. The really good thing is that it makes the next few games much more interesting than they would otherwise have been.

Yeah fair point. That is the ONLY time this season we've been outplayed in the league at home.
Very unlike us and we looked slow, lazy, weak etc etc

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
We have some good hardcore fans but we only filled our stadium last night as the 'part time' fans turned up and then left really early.... quite poor to be honest.
I was there clapping and singing at 4-0 to recognise our performances over the course of the season.

In fairness, you boys were a joy to watch. Was impressed with alot of your players, plsus Lua Lua ALWAYS plays well against us and delighted for Lingard to score. He was on loan here last season but never quite happened for him

I loved it when we were celebrating your goal like we'd just scored a fifth! I like Leicester's stadium quite a lot, it seems bigger than the others and it does look good when it's filled. Maybe I'm just bias as Leicester are my second team, but in this case, I'm glad that Brighton won!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Gary Lineker, Kasabian, Willie Thorne, Englebert Humperdink, Rusty Lee ..... CAN YOU HEAR ME RUSTY LEE? YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELLUVA BEATING!!!!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Yeah fair point. That is the ONLY time this season we've been outplayed in the league at home.
Very unlike us and we looked slow, lazy, weak etc etc

When we stormed L1 3 seasons ago we were unbeaten at home right up to when we had wrapped up the title. We then lost our last 2 home games (against Southampton and Huddersfield, our 2 closest challengers), simply because they wanted it more.

I just had an inkling the same could apply last night, so was delighted when results on Saturday fell for you.

Having said that, it sounds like we really went for it last night and played very well. Many thanks for your kind words, and the very best next season. Who knows we may yet be coming back to the King Prawn again next year!

PG

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
We have some good hardcore fans but we only filled our stadium last night as the 'part time' fans turned up and then left really early.... quite poor to be honest.
I was there clapping and singing at 4-0 to recognise our performances over the course of the season.

In fairness, you boys were a joy to watch. Was impressed with alot of your players, plsus Lua Lua ALWAYS plays well against us and delighted for Lingard to score. He was on loan here last season but never quite happened for him

Thanks for the generous post and lets hope you are up for the game on Monday night, you could do us a massive favour.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah but you were very very good last night..... all over the pitch and clearly have some class players.
You were very physical as well, bullied us in every area.

On that performance your a certainty for the playoffs and i wish you the best of luck.

Credit to your fans last night too, decent turn out for a Tuesday. Shame our's were a let down

I was in the East stand and I thought your fans were brilliant in the last 15 minutes, much more vocal than ours usually are at the AMEX, especially when we are 4 nil down!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here