Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Was the Welbeck foul in the 2nd half a foul and a pen, or outside the box, or no foul.

Looked like a penalty from the away end, and I let the ref know as much, but what was it actually?
Definitely a pen - I wondered if the ref had played the advantage, so didn't go back to it. Not a justification - but the only explanation I can think of. Reminded me of the pen he got against Liverpool (?) a couple of years ago - wasn't much of a foul but he was kicked and taken out, so it's a foul... ref was not even called over to look at it so can only assume advantage played. Loons

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Happy with a point today- at least we didn't lose! Too many players not quite up to their usual standards- March, JP, Gross, Mac, Welbz etc. Got to begrudingly give Leicester and that smug git Rodgers some credit for stifling us. One other point- Vardy really is a rat faced little shitbag isn't he
If we only we could play Liverpool and Everton every week.

I did mention a couple of times since the 3-0 win, that most other clubs will follow zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Emery's formula of sitting deep for entire games, trying to spring counters.

A compliment to us, but what a shocker that they'd cede everything in front of home fans.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Was hoping for a win, but feared the worst - reasonably happy with the eventual outcome, but feel we did enough to have taken the 3 points. Sadly, that is very often the case for all teams, so a point is a point and we mustn't get greedy, as Leicester played so much better than I thought they would.
Sixth spot and a game in hand on fifth at the halfway point is far more than I expected at the start of the season, and that's after all the transfer/manager shenanigans.
It's a wonderful time to be a Brighton supporter and long may it continue.
Oh, and let's smash 'Muff by at least four goals....ta'. :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Evan Ferguson speaking to MOTD:

"That's our job, we try to come on and try to play, we try to score a goal. There is no better feeling, so I can try to come on and do the same thing."

"I think with a team like this, there is always going to be chances and you just have to be in the right place and have the right movement to get your chance. I was lucky to be in the right place. It was a very good delivery. Previously from that side, Pervis Estupinan does the delivery on the some of the balls so it is just about being there at the right time and get the ball at the back of the net."

"We always have a chance to win in the way we play and the way the gaffer tell us. We always have belief, so there was not a moment where we think the game is lost and we always have the fighting chance."

"We have got new ambitions. The new gaffer comes in and we have taken his ideas really well. We are all on board on what he says and he's very good with us."

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I don’t think he was great today, but he’s scored 4 in his last 6 after not scoring in 700 games.

Asking why Solly has suddenly started fluffing his chances more is like asking why Hugh Hefner had suddenly turned his back on a monogamous lifestyle after he died. A little backwards to say the least
Appreciate he has had some very games but misses so many sitters

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton striker Evan Ferguson: "I think we deserved a point. We were the better team. They set off and we had to break Leicester down. I think that's a compliment to us and the way we are playing at the minute to come away where Leicester are playing at home and to have them set off is a huge compliment. Lucky to get a point today."

On the penalty shout: "I think the way we play, we are always going to create chances. I haven't seen the penalty shout yet, so I am not sure. However, it did look like a penalty. Solly March was unlucky and he's been on some form at the minute. I think we allow him for that one, but now it's just good to get a point here.

"I am just trying my best and when I get the chance from the gaffer, I am just trying to do my job and seems to be going well at the minute. I think the manager has the same message for everyone - everyone knows when they go on the pitch on what they need to do for each position and keep going even though we conceded before I came on, so we was just to try and get a goal to get back into the game."

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Definite penalty. He caught his toes
Off topic slightly, I noticed your avatar and recognised Robinson, Murray, Zamora and obviously Bruno, and realised its of past Albion greats, I know I cained it in late 80s early 90s, but Christ on a flat tyred unicycle I totally missed when Ruud Gullit played for us.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Strange advantage - a corner over a penalty ???? Can't think this was the reason , I guess the ref thought there was no contact - VAR showed there was.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Leicester City winger Marc Albrighton speaking to Premier League Productions:

"Mixed emotions in the dressing room. We got ourselves in a great position with the second goal. The pressure that they put on us in the second half, it was always going to be difficult to keep that lead. They're a really good side, put us under a lot of pressure and I think the spirit and the fight was there for us today. Just disappointing to concede so late on.

"It's difficult, with the way that they play, you have got to be wary as well. A lot of the teams they have beaten and beaten comfortably are teams that have come out and pressed them and chased to try and get the ball back and they have just picked them off and broke through them and that happened once or twice in the first half occasionally but other that, as far as the game plan goes, I don't think we could have done it any better up until right at the end where obviously we should probably deal with the goal better.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Disappointing result given the wider context of the match but it's always good to see some resilience. The team kept fighting even when many of us had thrown in the towel.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we only we could play Liverpool and Everton every week.

I did mention a couple of times since the 3-0 win, that most other clubs will follow zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Emery's formula of sitting deep for entire games, trying to spring counters.

A compliment to us, but what a shocker that they'd cede everything in front of home fans.

Brighton striker Evan Ferguson: "I think we deserved a point. We were the better team. They set off and we had to break Leicester down. I think that's a compliment to us and the way we are playing at the minute to come away where Leicester are playing at home and to have them set off is a huge compliment. Lucky to get a point today."

On the penalty shout: "I think the way we play, we are always going to create chances. I haven't seen the penalty shout yet, so I am not sure. However, it did look like a penalty. Solly March was unlucky and he's been on some form at the minute. I think we allow him for that one, but now it's just good to get a point here.

"I am just trying my best and when I get the chance from the gaffer, I am just trying to do my job and seems to be going well at the minute. I think the manager has the same message for everyone - everyone knows when they go on the pitch on what they need to do for each position and keep going even though we conceded before I came on, so we was just to try and get a goal to get back into the game."
Same point, unadventurous at home Leicester.

No surprise, a desperate Rodgers, across all competitions they'd lost every single match since the WC (against top flight opposition).

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Strange advantage - a corner over a penalty ???? Can't think this was the reason , I guess the ref thought there was no contact - VAR showed there was.
Well he let solly have a shot. Just can’t think of another reason why he wouldn’t have been called in to review it. Other lee Mason didn’t think he touched him…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here