Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Hey guys and gals. Foxes fan here to temporarily invade your North Stand Chat. Not here on a wind up or anything daft like that.

First and foremost, having read this thread throughout the game (unfortunately I couldn't make it due to recently dislocating my knee) it's clear that you lot are a decent and humble bunch. Top stuff for that.
Secondly, we've not been playing the best football in recent games but pulling in results. I think today from how it sounded on the ever blue tinted radio Leicester, it was a much improved performance. And so it needed to be against the top side in the Championship.

As many of you have already stated, it's only one game etc. My old man went to the game with my brother in my place, and having spoken to them, you looked like a side that could be a hard team to beat. Today you apparently looked as though you were at 6s and 7s a bit. But still caused problems for us and defended well.

Our biggest plus is that we kept a clean sheet having leaked 2 goals in every previous home game so far. A question or two for you guys, particularly those that made it to the game...Would you choose CMS over Beckford? How has CMS been for you in previous games? Today he missed a sitter, but I'm sure on another day he'll bag it no problem.

All in all, I don't think you have too much to worry about, you're my bet for a guaranteed play-off spot. I look forward to your replies, and my visit down south when we next meet.

Cheers, Notts_Fox

In answer to your question.. I and most of us have not really seen much of Beckford in a match so no definite answer on who's better. Because our full backs and midfield had an off day today it made CMS look poor. Sure your fella Beckford is in the same position if the others don't deliver the ball to him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Beckford didn't contribute much from where I was sat, only had one half decent chance which he missed. Saw a lot more of Vassell on the ball, though he never really threatened to score. I thought Bamba at the back put in an epic performance, he looked the type who might occasionally be prone to being left on his arse in games, or hoofing a classic own goal but today he was superb. Quite liked Abe too.

Leicester played pretty well, and we gave the ball away too much, is the sum of it for me. Which is not like us. The rest of the Leicester defence didn't match up to Bamba & it doesn't surprise me that they've conceded a few goals, as despite our below par performance, we still managed to create a few good opportunities.

But overall no complaints, we were outplayed today, had to happen at some stage, and frankly I'd far rather it happened against a team I have no feelings for like Leicester, than against Palace.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
No point obsessing about a cup tie against a classy LFC. Leeds and CP waiting to mug a knackered Albion. Concentrate on the league, just as this time last year.

This.
Anything against LFC will be a shock & bonus. Prepare 100% for 6 points against Leeds and CP.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh come on! - why not TRY to beat Liverpool? OK, it's not likely to happen, but think of the boost it would give the team if they did - they'd be in a mood then to steamroller Leeds and Palace. And why not try and go as far as possible in the League Cup (or whatever it's called these days)? - it's not like the huge amount of extra games involved in a European campaign.........four games and we're in the final!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Oh come on! - why not TRY to beat Liverpool? OK, it's not likely to happen, but think of the boost it would give the team if they did - they'd be in a mood then to steamroller Leeds and Palace. And why not try and go as far as possible in the League Cup (or whatever it's called these days)? - it's not like the huge amount of extra games involved in a European campaign.........four games and we're in the final!

They will try being professionals. The final won't happen, sorry, but too many PL hurdles. No problem though, you'd expect that.

Going all out at all costs against LFC with best 11 even if some have knocks, will backfire against rested Leeds.
Instead, go out with a fully fit 11, rest all tired or injured, and give it a go.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No point obsessing about a cup tie against a classy LFC. Leeds and CP waiting to mug a knackered Albion. Concentrate on the league, just as this time last year.

This. Don't want any suspensions/injuries/fatigue - development squad and reserve players against LFC please.
:thumbsup:

BHADAZ

Sep 10, 2011
lancing
tbf even if we play the guys that normally stay on the bench like lua lua buckley hoskins and not to mention our newest Spanish signing ;) we still got a fair chance of a shock turnover on Wednesday

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They will try being professionals. The final won't happen, sorry, but too many PL hurdles. No problem though, you'd expect that.

Going all out at all costs against LFC with best 11 even if some have knocks, will backfire against rested Leeds.
Instead, go out with a fully fit 11, rest all tired or injured, and give it a go.
Rest any injuries yes, but tiredness? - 9 games into the season and on a roll (well, until today, anyway).......these are young very fit men, getting paid for doing something they'd do for nothing if they weren't lucky enough to be professional footballers. So please.....no tiredness excuses!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

How will Leeds be rested when they're playing Man Utd tonight? Their fans won't want them to be throwing that tie away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here