Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester celebrating is apparently the World's leading news story on Radio 4 this evening

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If it were to happen to us, you would want the same treatment.
No I wouldn't. Nor would I expect it. Part of me thinks there is a massive amount of overexposure about this story - as impressive a feat as it is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They've had all types of DULLARDS on Radio 4 talking about it today.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The BBC can only cope with one story at a time, so they have to flog it to death

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
They deserve every inch of column news that they are getting. What wouldn't we give for a slice of the same. An absolutely brilliant achievement.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Jesus Christ, we finally have a good news lead story and the country goes apoplectic with tuts and moans. Typically British!!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Absolutely fantastic story...

But if I may go all American on you...

'Enough Already'!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Nearly a day after this really was news, albeit inevitable, I listened with increasing bemusement to Radio 4's main 6pm news where not only was it the main story, they must have devoted seven minutes to it! What the hell is wrong with Radio 4's producers when they choose this? I'd have thought a brief mention at the end of the half hour bulletin would have sufficed, if it needed any further mention at all.

Have to agree. I have nothing but admiration for what Leicester have achieved and love the fact that the so called big clubs are having to play second fiddle to The Foxes. I am, funnily enough, also a football fan and so I realise how important the love and passion for your club can feel.

But it is still JUST sport FFS. The US presidential election, the European referendum, our local elections later this week, business news, education protests etc etc, all are far more worthy of being the lead story on EVERY single BBC news feed for the last 24 hours. Is our society really so dumbed down that this is really what we deserve?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here