Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Every player has a price at which it makes sense to sell.

True. But as I said earlier, the Leicester owner has shot himself in the foot by declaring a 180 mill transfer kitty this summer. So I reckon TB will be looking at 10m - Mainly as a deterrent IMO. If we get 10m we will have properly mugged them.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
True. But as I said earlier, the Leicester owner has shot himself in the foot by declaring a 180 mill transfer kitty this summer. So I reckon TB will be looking at 10m - Mainly as a deterrent IMO. If we get 10m we will have properly mugged them.

BUt he didn't say they had £180m to spend this summer

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014

I was just trying to provoke reaction earlier from some of your less intelligent fans, but the ignorance displayed by comments like this proves me correct. Read what our chairman said! one of your own fans even spelt it out for you a few pages ago.. 180M over 3 YEARS! we wont spend anywhere near that this summer..

I sincerely hope we do not progress with this, tbh i think the 2 million, i think it was, you paid was an over estimation of his value.

As for your 7-2 victory over us, yes very well done, console yourselves with that next season when your fighting relegation in the Championshit

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

That's not what they said. They have been misquoted. I already posted this:

They keep being miss-quoted.

He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there (the top five). That doesn't put us off."
Srivaddhanaprabha added: "I am asking for three years, and we'll be there.
"We won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately.
"Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step.

Leicester won't spend anywhere near £180 million this summer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

If they really want him they'll have to offer at least £10M to match our valuation.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When we reject bid number 18, it of £5,176,111, it will be rather annoying. You'd hope the two sides had a conversation about it at some point and agreed on a figure. I wonder what's going through Leonardo's mind at the minute. Hopefully just happiness that he's wanted and not in the mood to strop at us ruining his career by keeping him.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I was just trying to provoke reaction earlier from some of your less intelligent fans, but the ignorance displayed by comments like this proves me correct. Read what our chairman said! one of your own fans even spelt it out for you a few pages ago.. 180M over 3 YEARS! we wont spend anywhere near that this summer..

I sincerely hope we do not progress with this, tbh i think the 2 million, i think it was, you paid was an over estimation of his value.

As for your 7-2 victory over us, yes very well done, console yourselves with that next season when your fighting relegation in the Championshit

You sir are the end of a bell

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
tbh i think the 2 million, i think it was, you paid was an over estimation of his value.

Yes, absolutely agree with you. Especially given the fact we are now being offered £5m+ for him, and rejected the same in January. We definitely overpaid originally given he cost us less than half of that figure.

Cracking logic, Steve, now f*ck off will you.

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
Yes, absolutely agree with you. Especially given the fact we are now being offered £5m+ for him, and rejected the same in January. We definitely overpaid originally given he cost us less than half of that figure.

Cracking logic, Steve, now f*ck off will you.

So in your opinion has he done enough to warrant the 2M you paid? I'm only going by his stats and the few times i've seen him in comparison to other Championship strikers.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Our record last season against the promoted sides was: P6 W4 D2 L0 F11 A2 Pts 14.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At the time we signed Ulloa it was Gus Poyet who remarked that he would have cost us at least £8M based on his skills level if he was a British born player.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
So in your opinion has he done enough to warrant the 2M you paid? I'm only going by his stats and the few times i've seen him in comparison to other Championship strikers.

He has been outstanding for us, especially as we play one up front with (usually) slow build up. These sort of players are very hard to find, he's excellent in the air. To have nearly a 1 in 2 record for a side who didn't create much is the sign of a top player.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Quite evidently.

Given the fact that his market value now seems to be above £5m, given more than one club has offered that figure in the past 6 months.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Ha Ha, what a plastic wxxker! One promotion and you think you are a big club, on the forum of the team who kicked your arse twice last season, got bigger crowds than you, and whose striker is being pursued by your manager. Who do you think you are, Man Utd? I would suggest more like Leeds, going bust and down to League one in the next 5 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here