Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I'd take any deal that included Wood plus cash. Wood is better IMO.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
There is a big difference between what Ulloa is worth as an individual, and what he is worth to our club when you consider he may be the man to score the goals that take us into the Premier League. Leicester probably see his value at somewhere around 3 or 4 million, but to us he is worth so much more. Considering their chairman was talking about having £180million to spend that offer is a joke.

This is a point I discussed with friends about Bridcutt. He may only have a <£5m price tag to other clubs, but to us he is most definitely worth twice that at least. So how does the club go about a valuation? Do they hold out for what he is worth to us? Or sell at what another club thinks he is worth? I think we could have got more for LB and if we were to sell Leo, we should most definitely hold out for what he is worth to us IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Coupled with his age and any potential contract clauses then, is that such a bad offer?
Er, yes. Given how long it took us to get him, and the risk we took in bringing a foreign player to the English league, then yes, it's a really bad offer.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
£5m plus wood I think we would accept or £6.5m as quoted originally.

We're not going to sell a fans favourite for the fee we basically paid for someone 18 months ago!

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Genuine question. Why's everyone seem to be so obsess by Wood. 8 Goals In 29 appearances for us Is hardly setting the world on fire is it. Sometimes I question not only the clubs ambitions but the fans too.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If they have a kitty of £180m as their chairman was bragging then they will need to part with at least £6m for Ulloa.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
£3 million is an offensive offer. Didn't Palace pay £8 million for Gayle?

Spot on, from Peterborough via non-league, not from a back to back Championship playoff side via top scorer in Spanish Div 2. We should try and hold on to Leo whatever we are offered, IMHO it sends out a message of being the place to be next season and his record speak for itself.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If this is true then it could be a tricky situation. Although he can't go anywhere without the boards permission would the club want an unhappy player in the ranks that has been denied an opportunity to play at the top level and increase his income?

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
If this is true then it could be a tricky situation. Although he can't go anywhere without the boards permission would the club want an unhappy player in the ranks that has been denied an opportunity to play at the top level and increase his income?

Sky sports saying £3m bid but brighton value him at £7m so some way off if sky are right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here