Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester are ABOUT to mess up winning the Premier

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
OMG - I agree with Ernest.

But of course being regarded as the Championship equivalent of Leicester is something our club should regard as a great compliment. Hemed, Kayal, Knockaert, Skalak, Goldson etc are all smart signings that prove you don't need parachute payments to succeed at this level.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The best thing about Leicester winning the title will be that all those managers who think they have to buy massively expensive foreign players (Otamendi £34m, Mangala £32m+, Schneiderlin £27m, Di Maria £57m) will have to explain to their owners exactly how Leicester managed to finish above them despite spending next to nothing.

And the massive financial gap between this season's top two:

Spuds
Squad cost £220m and a £101 wage bill. Able to raid for the proven likes of Pochettino, Alderweireld, Vertongen, Dembele, Eriksen at will, with a vast scouting network, having the attraction to recruits of being a 'big' club and thesedays the draw of London too.

LCFC
Squad cost £54m and a £57m wage bill.

Ranieri is performing a once in a lifetime sporting miracle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And the massive financial gap between this season's top two:

Spuds
Squad cost £220m and a £101 wage bill. Able to raid for the proven likes of Pochettino, Alderweireld, Vertongen, Dembele, Eriksen at will, with a vast scouting network, having the attraction to recruits of being a 'big' club and thesedays the draw of London too.

LCFC
Squad cost £54m and a £57m wage bill.

Ranieri is performing a once in a lifetime sporting miracle.
Is that only half the story, (money isn't really my area of expertise) .

What's the gap between income?

Is it possible that Leicester have actually spent more, with Spurs finances massively inflated by Bale's transfer.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Is that only half the story, (money isn't really my area of expertise) .

What's the gap between income?

Is it possible that Leicester have actually spent more, with Spurs finances massively inflated by Bale's transfer.

Couldn't give you a definitive answer but my recollection is that the Bale money was blown on a bunch of largely useless players who were moved on pretty quickly so I think the current group is largely post-Bale.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Couldn't give you a definitive answer but my recollection is that the Bale money was blown on a bunch of largely useless players who were moved on pretty quickly so I think the current group is largely post-Bale.

Fairly sure that Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli were amongst those bought with the Bale money. Hard to judge it just like that though - what's to say that money didn't also fund improved contracts to retain the likes of Kane, Loris, etc?

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Fairly sure that Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli were amongst those bought with the Bale money. Hard to judge it just like that though - what's to say that money didn't also fund improved contracts to retain the likes of Kane, Loris, etc?

You're right! I just checked..... but they did blow another £50m on 4 more players, including Soldado, who didn't cut it, so I don't think you can say that their recruitment has been great and clearly they've spent a shed load more money than Leicester......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Leicester are deserved champions. Beat the full array of clubs with huge financial, player and scouting resources. I doubt a club of their size will do this again in our lifetimes.

And what a PL season ... far better than the predictable 9 month parades each year in Italy, Germany and France for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here