Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester - Adrien Silva

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you imagine the NSC meltdown if this had been us with our new striker?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Do they really still use a fax machine? I have one and still use it weekly.
But how many phone lines have the FA got? How many clubs were frantically pushing re-dial at 22:50?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Perhaps they should have sent it earlier ? They had from June 10th to do so.

They didn't. They only bought Silva because Drinkwater had gone to Chelsea just an hour before ... so they probably had under 60 minutes to complete the deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do they really still use a fax machine? I have one and still use it weekly.
But how many phone lines have the FA got? How many clubs were frantically pushing re-dial at 22:50?

It's FIFA, so it's the international clearance that's being refused.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Leicester are insisting they sent the documents through before the deadline.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/s...news/live-leicester-city-transfer-news-430489

#lcfc paperwork for Adrien Silva was sent seconds BEFORE deadline, but arrived with FIFA 14 SECONDS AFTER midnight. Negotiations ongoing.
I said it was the fax.. they were always going to argue this, especially over 14 seconds. I expect FIFA had the clock wrong on the fax as well! Have they calibrated it?[emoji6]

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The transfer clearly wasn't agreed on June the 10th, so no they didn't

How are people not understanding that this is a two way thing [emoji38]ol:
But they didn't have to sign this particular player.

They had from June 10th to fill the place in the 25 man squad and decided it wasn't urgent enough to do before ( or as it turns out, after ) the last second.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They didn't. They only bought Silva because Drinkwater had gone to Chelsea just an hour before ... so they probably had under 60 minutes to complete the deal.
Well they shouldn't have released Drinkwater then until the deal was done.

No sympathy from me - they messed up.

Live by the last second, die by the last second.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But they didn't have to sign this particular player.

They had from June 10th to fill the place in the 25 man squad and decided it wasn't urgent emough to do before ( or as it turns out, after ) the last second.

We wanted to sign a striker and the club made it clear it was important. We didn't manage it.

Just because you REALLY want it to happen, it doesn't mean it will.

They sold a midfielder on the last day of the window. For all we know the Silva deal was all verbally agreed and suddenly hit a roadblock.

Again, watch the Bleacher report video about Sheffield United on deadline day and you will see how 3 seemingly done deals can turn into none within 30 minutes.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well they shouldn't have released Drinkwater then until the deal was done.

And end up with too many players if Chelsea were late submitting their Drinkwater paperwork.

It's really not as straightforward as people would love to believe. You have two clubs, sometimes more if the agreement is part of a chain, agents representing clubs, agents representing players, agents trying to get involved in the deal and bring in other clubs and then the player themselves who, as Barkley showed, can have a change of heart.

larus

To me this is officialdom gone mad.

Before some **** says "Rules are rules", I get that. But no one can really say that Leicester have tried to abuse something here. FIFA could apply common sense and 'pretend' that the documents were there in time. 14 seconds. It's shit like this which astounds me - but actually with a corrupt organisation like FIFA, no it doesn't.

If this was us trying to squeeze something through in the last few minutes due to other things collapsing/happening, we'd be well f*cked off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And end up with too many players if Chelsea were late submitting their Drinkwater paperwork.

It's really not as straightforward as people would love to believe. You have two clubs, sometimes more if the agreement is part of a chain, agents representing clubs, agents representing players, agents trying to get involved in the deal and bring in other clubs and then the player themselves who, as Barkley showed, can have a change of heart.
Other transfer windows are still open ( and some will open ) to enable the selling of surplus players who arn't in the 25 man squad ???

Leicester have messed up and are trying to wriggle off the hook.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Other transfer windows are still open ( and some will open ) to enable the selling of surplus players who arn't in the 25 man squad ???

What if you want to bring in another improvement of midfield quality in the next window though?

Do they buy the new midfielder they want and then get stuck with 2 excess midfielders until the next window if they somehow don't manage to sell them?

Tottenham didn't want Janssen and didn't manage to sell him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What is FIFA playing at? 14 seconds is irrelevant, just put the transfer through, why make a song and dance about it? Idiots.
14 seconds is ok then, presumably 14 minutes isn't.

Is 2 minutes ok ? Is 1 minute ok ? 55 seconds ? 59 seconds ? 61 seconds ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here