Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Legal challenge to FFP in the offing? Guardian piece inc. Mr Barber

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
I am not saying Brighton are better than anyone else. All I am merely pointing out, is our debts are manageable. When Leicester Palace and most of the other clubs went in administration, it was due to overspending on the squad. Something that a lot of Championship clubs are doing again.

I think you have your numbers confused by the way, also you whole argument is flawed. "DEBIT that we have been GIFTED" is not really a debt is it. So you are accusing us of ignoring debt, that we do not have!! That's desperate even for a Palace fan!

but your debts are only manageable while TB is there - as in the case of most clubs. Palace had debts of c32m to SJ. If he hadn't been so financially inept and tried to Refinance 4.5n with a Hedge Fund (9% coupon !!) and tried to delay payments to HMRC (which he thought was usual !) then Aglio wouldn't have put us into Admin and he lost 99%. If TB went bust or decided he was secretly a Palace fan then Brighton would be bust. Similarly for us. If CPFC2010 went away last year we would have gone bust. We are probably ok for a few years but assuming we go down and stay down for the next few years we will be back to being underwritten by the 4 guys. The biggest asset clubs like Palace and Brighton have are having true fans as owners. Whatever their head says they can't walk away. Something that clubs like Hull and Cardiff would love to have.

My point still stands that your accounts are showing all the income from the stadium but not all of the costs of getting ie this is not available to other clubs (ignoring the fact that no finance would be available without at least 50% equity

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
but your debts are only manageable while TB is there - as in the case of most clubs. Palace had debts of c32m to SJ. If he hadn't been so financially inept and tried to Refinance 4.5n with a Hedge Fund (9% coupon !!) and tried to delay payments to HMRC (which he thought was usual !) then Aglio wouldn't have put us into Admin and he lost 99%. If TB went bust or decided he was secretly a Palace fan then Brighton would be bust. Similarly for us. If CPFC2010 went away last year we would have gone bust. We are probably ok for a few years but assuming we go down and stay down for the next few years we will be back to being underwritten by the 4 guys. The biggest asset clubs like Palace and Brighton have are having true fans as owners. Whatever their head says they can't walk away. Something that clubs like Hull and Cardiff would love to have.

My point still stands that your accounts are showing all the income from the stadium but not all of the costs of getting ie this is not available to other clubs (ignoring the fact that no finance would be available without at least 50% equity

The green-eyed monster rears its ugly head. Enjoy your sh1thole.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I was trying to have a decent conversation but for the record I don't think you think we are jealous do you :wink:

Yes. Yes, I do. If you aren't then you should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here