Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Back?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is the end of that then as she seems to be in the know on most rumours spanish.

Maybe she's just doing this because her good friend Oscar wants it hushed up for the moment?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe she's just doing this because her good friend Oscar wants it hushed up for the moment?

She speaks very highly of him too:

https://noeliadeniz.wordpress.com/

I have known Oscar García for many years now, I started by admiring him as a football player, a young talent starting to shine in Masia alongside his younger brother, Roger García. He was always dedicated and hardworking, if you add to this that he is a man of principles, honest, who puts his heart in everything he does, you have the perfect mix. Brighton fans should be proud of this great signing.

He knows to perfection the FC Barcelona’s philosophy, not only because he grew up learning and practicing it but because his first “proper” managerial job was with Juvenile A, the first professional team in the scale of FC Barcelona’s football academy, followed by Barça B (2nd Division, equivalent to Championship in England) and the first team.

The importance of his knowledge and experience as a Barça player reflected on his achievements the first season with Juvenile A, winning in 2010/2011 all 3 main titles on dispute for the first time in history: Liga, Copa del Rey and Copa de Campeones.

The following season he was offered to take over as a manager for Maccabi Tel Aviv, in Israel. He departed even though the season had not finished for Juvenile A, due to some issues.

In Israel he put together a competitive team with a style that reminded of Barça, saving the distances. The key, I’d say, was something that had already worked previously with Juvenile A: he created the right environment to make the team feel like a family, there was a great union among players and between them and Oscar. He knows well how to bring out the best of everyone: makes them feel valued and gives them the encouragement to always try harder. This is always a bonus.

The result: Maccabi Tel Aviv finished last season as Champions, after 10 years of not winning the League, and securing a place in Champions League 2013/2014. This is an achievement that only two other ex-Barcelona’s football players (Pep Guardiola and Tito Vilanova) have accomplished. Maccabi wanted Oscar to continue to work for them but the catalan was quick to announce (in May) and for the benefit of the Israeli club, that he had decided to quick his job.

I had no doubt many teams would knock at his door and Brighton is one exciting project. To me, he is the perfect man to lead the club to the Premier League. Oscar will travel to Brighton tomorrow morning, amidst great expectations; I assure you all that he won’t let anyone down.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Im sure the barca b level is far above our devopment squad. A player like this will be pushing for a start pretty quickly

Barca B are a team in their own rights. They play in the second tier of Spainish football so equivalent to a Championship side.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
he's not barca b level even though danish, he's probably not at an ability much higher than chicksen so it'd be a weird move I'd suspect

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
noeliadéniz ‏@noeliadeniz 28s
Ignore the rumors about Brian Oliván signing for Brighton: I confirm that it's not going to happen #BHAFC

I'm starting to dislike this Noelia Deniz bird. She's a right KILLJOY.

albionite

May 20, 2009
noeliadéniz ‏@noeliadeniz 28s
Ignore the rumors about Brian Oliván signing for Brighton: I confirm that it's not going to happen #BHAFC

How does she hear about these rumours so quick? Does she read NSC or the football rumours site? Nice that she is taking an interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here