Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Back

imbrightontillidie

Jan 12, 2011
Harte is quite old now although not bad at this level and has a decent delivery, think if we don't get bridge we need someone who is relativley young so we can keep him for a few seasons

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Well basically we haven't got one.

As the current situation is still in the process of being resolved, what does everyone think?

Calderon left back, Bruno right back?

The PFA website offers little hope in relation to players out of contract.
Don't lose any sleep over it. We aint got a game this weekend :nono:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Well basically we haven't got one.

As the current situation is still in the process of being resolved, what does everyone think?

Calderon left back, Bruno right back?

The PFA website offers little hope in relation to players out of contract.

I think there was a slim chance of keeping Bridge before Harry piped up as him being his number target. Question is will the wage be the be all end all for Wayne?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That is understandable as he isnt very good in comparison to the likes of Bridge. When we had him on loan he was better than what we had but having Bridge made us realise his limitations.

I think that's fair, though Bridge last season was a £90k a week player, so inevitably he is better than Mattock, but in fairness I thought Mattock did a good job.

I would love Bridge to return but it does seem unlikely.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Mattock was too keep to join the attack, and neglected his defensive duties (similar criticism to that of Harry Wilson in the 1970s).

Never took to Harry Wilson, always felt Cattlin and then Williams were much better both offensively and defensively.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Do you think we can sign a left back in the next 8 weeks?!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I won't......

But, failure to prepare...........
If we haven't appointed a manager by the time the first couple of pre-season sessions are done, I might start being concerned. But lets face it, players are still contracted until the end of the month, and our retained list was probably prepared months in advance, and those released/retained were done so according to the division we were in, and new players targeted likewise. Because Poyet is not manager, doesn't mean the club are not working full steam ahead bringing in those targets who have been on our radar for months.

Don't panic. This time next year we will be eagerly awaiting the fixture list, to see who our opening premiership game will be against.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Has the transfer window closed? Oh we seem to have months left....... Has Bridge signed for QPR?
Be cool and let's see what summer has to offer.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
A Forest fan I know reckons we have made enquiries on Jara Reyes. Could be that we have accepted there is no chance of resigning Bridge.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is Solly March a left midfielder or left back? I've seen him described as both.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If we haven't appointed a manager by the time the first couple of pre-season sessions are done, I might start being concerned. But lets face it, players are still contracted until the end of the month, and our retained list was probably prepared months in advance, and those released/retained were done so according to the division we were in, and new players targeted likewise. Because Poyet is not manager, doesn't mean the club are not working full steam ahead bringing in those targets who have been on our radar for months.

Don't panic. This time next year we will be eagerly awaiting the fixture list, to see who our opening premiership game will be against.

Love the optimism.

Let's assume that we have a different manager, do you not think they may have different idea's in terms of targets etc....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Maksimenko should be good back up after his season on loan. We do need a starter though.
I am sure he will want a starting place, at least he will want to be considered. This is what we have said about our dev squad signings of late, why do they languish unselected, this guys is an experienced u21 international, he should be in the match day 18 going into the coming season, else let him go and continue his career elsewhere, he is 22 not 17.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here