Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Left back understudy

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
And this is probably a slightly silly question ... but i'll pose it anyway.

Is Pervis nailed on to get his place back?

He's looked pretty tired this season, I think the world cup and the pressure of being the only LB at the club maybe got to him a little. Then two players have come in and had storming performances in his position.

Of course Pervis will play sometimes, I don't doubt that as everyone will. But if you asked me a few weeks ago, I'd have said that if fit, Dunky Mitoma, Gross and Pervis will play pretty much every game and won't be rotated out in the same way as the rest of the team will. I'm just wondering if we're down to Dunky, Gross and Mitoma with that one.
Estupian is one of the best left backs in the league, he deserves his place!

Lamptey by a long way

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Lamptey by a long way
I'm surprised by this.

I mean, I love Tariq. I think he's a terrific player. But the way Solly played there at the weekend, gave me a few doubts as to the pecking order

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Estupinan and Lamptey both injured for Saturday

Solly to step back into the backline? Or do you think Milner might get the nod?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Solly did such a good job against Liverpool I can see him retaining the job. Adingra also to retain his place in front of Milner.
Was there any mention of how much longer Pervis and Tariq will be out for?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Solly did such a good job against Liverpool I can see him retaining the job. Adingra also to retain his place in front of Milner.
Was there any mention of how much longer Pervis and Tariq will be out for?
No, it was on the club website, and it didn't say.

I suppose Igor Julio is another option there, but I'm with you. It makes loads more sense for Solly to carry on there .......

--------Verbruggen
Veltman Van Hecke Dunk March
--------Gross Baleba
----Adingra Pedro Mitoma
---------Ferguson

Steele / Igor / Webster / Gilmour / Dahoud / Buonanotte / Lallana / Fati / Welbeck

..... is where my brain is

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
No, it was on the club website, and it didn't say.

I suppose Igor Julio is another option there, but I'm with you. It makes loads more sense for Solly to carry on there .......

--------Verbruggen
Veltman Van Hecke Dunk March
--------Gross Baleba
----Adingra Pedro Mitoma
---------Ferguson

Steele / Igor / Webster / Gilmour / Dahoud / Buonanotte / Lallana / Fati / Welbeck

..... is where my brain is
Yes Van Hecke in the middle for me due to his previous performance against Haaland. Think we’ll also need Baleba’s energy in midfield, and he should be well rested.
Perhaps Welbeck in front of Ferguson for 60 minutes and then Evan.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Solly, no question - did an excellent job and regularly played there prior to his conversion to right midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here