Left back needed...... ASAP

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ANot quite a crusade but.I see it as CH one mistake. Which he is allowed providing he learns from it, and doesnt repeat. If it is any consolation i believe that despite this we will get automatic promotion.?

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I like BG, at least me and him both agree Calderon isn't good enough.
Fair enough. Now name me a better third choice left back in the entire Championship. Just try , eh?

Of course, nobody wants to be in the position of having to play their third choice in any position, but sometimes it will have to happen. Name me a better third choice. Anybody?

................anybody? ..........

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Fair enough. Now name me a better third choice left back in the entire Championship. Just try , eh?

Of course, nobody wants to be in the position of having to play their third choice in any position, but sometimes it will have to happen. Name me a better third choice. Anybody?

................anybody? ..........

I couldn't even name the first choice LB of every club in the championship, let alone the second choice, the RB who can play LB, the CB who play LB, the left-winger who can play there and the youth team LB.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
ANot quite a crusade but.I see it as CH one mistake. Which he is allowed providing he learns from it, and doesnt repeat. If it is any consolation i believe that despite this we will get automatic promotion.?

Ha ha you can't resist it! How is it Hughton's fault 2 quality LB's at the club get injured in quick succession? LB's don't grow on trees.....not a mistake, bad luck they got injured, bad luck no decent replacement has been available!

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I couldn't even name the first choice LB of every club in the championship, let alone the second choice, the RB who can play LB, the CB who play LB, the left-winger who can play there and the youth team LB.

Neither can I, of course.. Sometimes teams will be forced to play their third choice player (because of injuries and/or suspension; not because the manager has made a mistake). I just happen to think that our third choice left (or right) back is pretty good for a third choice. Perhaps we should be more appreciative of that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Take that lad Chilwell from Leicester for a month. Job done, and I'm sure they'll oblige.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Perhaps because when we are winning, there isn't a problem?

I think some people think NSC is ahead of the club in worrying about these things. There appear to be some posters imagining Hughton sat in his office browsing NSC and suddenly exclaiming 'oh shit, we've completely forgotten about the left back situation'.....although maybe this does happen.....

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think some people think NSC is ahead of the club in worrying about these things. There appear to be some posters imaging Hughton sat in his office browsing NSC and suddenly exclaiming 'oh shit, we've completely forgotten about the left back situation'.....although maybe this does happen.....
Someone needs to start a thread reminding him we have a match on Saturday.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

He will be so pleased for your forgiveness BG

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If your game plan is all about playing with wingers, two things that are important are:

1. Being a threat on both flanks.
2. Good link-up play with the fullback.

True. But when one of your team attracts 4 of the opposition team who try and surround him when he has the ball, as happened against Brentford, then the other winger is automatically in piles of space up against 1 player. A quick shift of wings and you are away. Whoever is then playing left back is therefore not as vital to our attacking threat.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But maybe we started winning again, because we signed a competent left back on loan, Liam Ridgewell.

The Liam Ridgewell, who's signing caused many on here to go into spasms of apoplexy because he was a CB, and therefore not a proper LB, and therefore sh|t?

Besides which, our third choice LB might not be as good as our first and second choice LBs (understandable, that!) to call but to imply he's incompetent is egging the pudding a bit, and frankly a bit of an insult to Calde.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here