Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leekbrookgull.. What is this guys problem????

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Morning Seagulls

Firstly as a Brighton based Stoke fan can I give you my sincere congratulations on a fantastic season. You have thoroughly deserved your success and with the new stadium looking fantastic ( far better than our architectually inept lego stadium ) things are really looking good for the future. Brilliant stuff guys! With living here you are my second team and if it wasn't morally or legally wrong to change allegance I might be tempted but of course, that would be illegal!

I was at the FA Cup Semi yesterday. Great atmosphere and naturally over the moon with the result.

Saw on another thread however Mr Leekbrook having his usual lazy dig at Stokes style of play. What a load of old tosh my friend. Yesterday saw 5 goals all scored from open play and very little of the direct style you are convinced we only play. Did you actually watch it? I would happily watch that everyday of the week than some team tippy tapping ten passes to get to the half way line!

Etherington and Pennant were fantastic running the wings with ease and Walters and Jones were nothing short of clinical in front of goal. Superb stuff and all goals from open play with excellent build up to boot.

Now will you get off our backs or at least go and do a bit of homework and watch the game and performance before you wheel out your lazy blinkered opinion that we only score from the throw in! It's getting boring now and your making yourself look silly!

Rant over! :p

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I actually thought Stoke played nice good old fashioned wing play when we went up there.

Not their fault if they also happen to be MASSIVE and strong as well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't think even the most avid Stoke fans have seen them score so many goals from open play in a match :)

Great stuff - now go on and win it so we can say we were beaten by the best team in the cup!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Firstly congratulations on a fine win yesterday, and I really hope you beat Man City in the final. Thank you for your kind words, but I have to disagree with you about "some team tippy tapping ten passes to get to the half way line!" We have based our season on playing like that and it doesn't seem to have done us much harm. I do however think that for the most part Stoke expelled the one trick pony image yesterday.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have no problems with Stoke's style of play, they beat (and sometimes thrash0 teams so what's wrong with it ? Can't see too many City fans complaining. As far as their fans go we have had a lot of very nice posts from them over the years so no worries there.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
don't you get banned for starting a thread about another poster?

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
don't you get banned for starting a thread about another poster?

Wasn't aware of that rule so apologies if I have contravened some rule on here. I wasn't slagging the guy just challenging him on his opinion of us and that fact he never budges on that opinion irrespective of what performance Stoke put in!

Thanks for the kind words guys it is appreciated. Re the tippy tappy ten passes I wasn't directing that at Brighton. You play very attractive passing effective football and it's good to watch. It was more aimed at the likes of some of the Spanish and Italian teams who I find very boring to watch who just seem to keep possession at all cost without actually creating much action up front! A style Leekbrook obviously appreciates. Everyone to their own I guess.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've only been outclassed once this season, and that was at Stoke. For that reason alone, I hope Stoke win the cup.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Stoke were fantastic yesterday. I'm not a big fan of Stoke's style to be honest, but yesterday's performance was immense. It was great to see a side really appreciate the occasion and really want the win from both the players and supporters.

Good luck in the final, you are in there on merit and hopefully you can attack the game in the same fashion as yesterday and win.

And just to echo what Simster said, Stoke were the only team to make us look ordinary this season. A timely reminder of how much we have to improve next season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Great performance yesterday, and it certianly did show a different style of play to what many associate with Stoke. Just do the deed in the final, and make it 36 years :laugh:

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Further thanks. You really are a great set of supporters and respectful of other teams (Palace aside naturally! ). After what you have been through since The Goldstone debacle I absolutely hope and insist that this resurgence continues and that we are sparring partners once again in the top flight as soon as possible. I just hope Gus see's this as work in progress and that his financial rewards will come when he gets you to the bright lights rather than jumping when a Tottenham or Chelsea comes knocking. Success brings it's own unique problems unfortunately!

Looking at the Man City boards they clearly think the FA Cup is in the bag and that they will roll over lil old Stoke with ease.

We simply love being written off!!!!

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Used to really like Stoke but thought Tuncay was treated abominably. How can such a great flair player be left for Walters or Fuller?

Beyond me.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
at least we can now say we were beaten by this years cup finalists , that 3-0 result seems a little less harsh today

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Used to really like Stoke but thought Tuncay was treated abominably. How can such a great flair player be left for Walters or Fuller?

Beyond me.

The Tuncay situation has had every Stoke fan up in arms. Such a talent and potential match winner. Ludicrous how he was treated by Pulis.

My own take on it is this. I was at the Hull v Stoke game the first season we were promoted. Tuncay came on as a second half sub and had the embarrassment of being subbed again twenty minutes later. The reason clearly was to shore up our defence and hold on to the 2-1 victory, rather than a poor performance from Tuncay. However Tunny completely threw his toys out of the pram when he stormed off. He never got a look in after that event. Pulis does have a bit of previous with players who don't respect his decisions eg Beattie banished after the Arsenal punch up with Pulis in the dressing room and Laurence sent packing after spitroastgate!! " quality players who suddenly were cast aside.

It's Tony's way or the highway it seems!

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I knew Leekbrookgull when I lived up in biddulph, and scfc and Albion were in the same division for a while. It can taint your opinion of other teams, especially when you meet a few arrogant fans ( we all have them ). I have changed my opinion of scfc since then though and was really pleased you got to the final. Now I just have Aussies to live with, but at least we won the ashes. Good luck in the final.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
at least we can now say we were beaten by this years cup finalists , that 3-0 result seems a little less harsh today

my thoughts exactly
watched the highlights last night and to be honest after the first goal there was only one team in it all good goals to boot
hope they do alright in the final

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
We've only been outclassed once this season, and that was at Stoke. For that reason alone, I hope Stoke win the cup.

Oh, and Northampton. For that reason alone, I hope they don't go out of the League. :laugh:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So basically if we hadn't conceded those LUCKY goals at The Britannia, it would be us in the final and we'd get to DUMP Man City out of another cup.....

Well at least that's what I'll keep telling myself...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here