Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leek Town

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Driving passed Harrison Park on Saturday afternoon, noticed a car with Albion scarf/sticker.

Standard any better to what the Seagulls are serving up????

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Might have been Leekbrook Gull. Certainly Leek are making a real fight of staying up in the NPL (Unibond Prem). They looked dead and buried a few weeks a go but they've gone on an amazing run, won their last FIVE games and have gone from bottom to 15th. The utter bastards.

Bradford (who they beat 3-0 on Saturday) have slipped into the bottom 3 and are on course for a second successive relegation. They've already had their last throw of the dice (sacked the manager) and it made bugger all difference.

Bad football year all round for me.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Interestingly, Leek caretaker manager is Mark Cartwright.

Thinking of going down there next weekend, check out the standard. Not many years since they were a decent conference side.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Silky,where was the car parked,can you recall? I went on Saturday. Mark Cartwright has turned them around and has the post until the end of the season.Looking good to stay up,after the former manager??? made a right pigs ear of things.:albion:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
silky1 said:
Interestingly, Leek caretaker manager is Mark Cartwright.

Thinking of going down there next weekend, check out the standard. Not many years since they were a decent conference side.

Football's great isn't it?

The Albion are having a terrible time of it,but the board still hosts messages about "lesser" teams.

Sod the Champions League,Taunton Town have won 3 in a row,and are looking certain to survive in the S.League,western division.

Up the Albion!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Horsham looking good for promotion to the Ryman Premier, even my newish local non-league side Forest Green are looking like they may avoid relegation...if only some of that could rub off on the Albion.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
I went to Leek about 14 years ago.
Couple of seasons after they got to the Trophy final at Wembley.
Pub on either corner of the ground and mushy peas at the tea bar.
Amazing how for such a small place they made the final.
Mate who's no longer alive was manager of Barrow at the time.
Sat by the directors box at Wembley and meet Emlyn Hughes at the dinner after the game in London.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Leekbrookgull said:
Silky,where was the car parked,can you recall? I went on Saturday. .:albion:

Other side of the road from the ground, in the allocated parking spaces. Green Brava?

Keep meaning to go along, but always put off by the weather, or matches being postponed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here