Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds - worst team at the AMEX this season?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Don’t know if it was the weather or the result but they seemed quite complimentary of the way we played on the way to the coaches rather than the normal Yorkshire proud stance they normally carry

A few were even anti Jack Duckworth

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I thought they were very poor. They kept giving it straight to us. We weren't even pressing that ferociously, they were just poor on the ball

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yes, I know they have some key long term injuries but it is interesting to note that with Leeds sitting in 17th with 2 wins all season (vs Norwich & Watford), the nauseating media love-in for Marcelo 'Murder Ball' Bielsa has all but evaporated.

Had Burnley got their game on yesterday and out-toughed Spurs in the snow (hardly an improbable scenario), then Leeds would currently be in the bottom 3. Plus Norwich are only 3 points behind them too (although admittedly, their -20 GD is an absolute shocker).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Time after time after time, their balls out of defence either went out for a throw, out for a goal kick or to one of our defenders.

They were absolutely awful.

I thought last season the only thing they had was a terrific work rate. I didn’t think it would be enough in their second season, a small squad, injuries that their style of football is bound to incur, and a manager with no plan B. It was always going to be tough for them.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I think the club played a blinder with the pre-match pyrotechnics.
Most of the leeds players had their backs to the blasts completely unsuspecting what was going to happen, as Dunky’s foot touched the turf “BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG”. I’d be surprised if one or two of the Leeds fans didn’t let out a little cry of surprise. I’m sure it would have completely messed their focus, if it didn’t mess their pants.
They didn’t know it was coming, Sky Sports didn’t even know it was coming, if they did, they would have picked it up properly.
Well played BHA!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Leeds and Newcastle have both been rubbish this season. We didn't beat either of them, and were lucky not to lose to both of them.

Let's not throw too many stones from our glasshouse, shall we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here