Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds v Wigan

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don't flatter yourself...it was on TV and some of us had nothing better to do-just happened to be your lot.

Vanity

Sep 10, 2005
Still, nice to know you care :love:

You've been on TV and I've never felt compelled to post about you on a non-Brighton site.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Vanity said:
Awww, you guys :love: so nice to know you care!

I can't remember the last time we had a running commentary on a Brighton game when we weren't playing them, on our Leeds site! Oh that's right. We never have!

Love Leeds
xxx

;-)

We have it on most televised games actually. Dont flatter yourself!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bwian said:
-just happened to be your lot.

and as we OWN Leeds it's good to see you fall to another team who play in blue and white stripes. See ya next season Vanity :lol:

Vanity

Sep 10, 2005
Icy Gull said:
and as we OWN Leeds it's good to see you fall to another team who play in blue and white stripes. See ya next season Vanity :lol:

They played in yellow!

I wouldn't mind another trip to Withdean next season, there are far worse away trips should we go up :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Vanity said:
Still, nice to know you care :love:

You've been on TV and I've never felt compelled to post about you on a non-Brighton site.

Maybe you will now that we OWN you:lol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Vanity said:
They played in yellow!

I wouldn't mind another trip to Withdean next season, there are far worse away trips should we go up :)

Name one. I cant see too many being worse than our place!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Vanity said:
They played in yellow!

was watching our youth team so wouldn't have known that :lolol:

Vanity

Sep 10, 2005
Bwian said:
Maybe you will now that we OWN you:lol:

Not a chance, I might like my football but I don't like it enough to sit in watching you lot on the TV and simultaneously posting on a web forum as you play. Kids to look after, cooking to do, as well as the ironing and cleaning ;-)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Vanity said:
Not a chance, I might like my football but I don't like it enough to sit in watching you lot on the TV and simultaneously posting on a web forum as you play. Kids to look after, cooking to do, as well as the ironing and cleaning ;-)

btw what brings you to a Brighton site when we are not even playing you? :D

Vanity

Sep 10, 2005
DAMANCLAY said:
Name one. I cant see too many being worse than our place!

Brighton is a good day out.

Trips to Old Twatford, WHL, SJP, St Andrews (if they stay up) are all dire, dire days out. I'd pick a civilised trip to Withdean over them any day of the week.

Vanity

Sep 10, 2005
Icy Gull said:
btw what brings you to a Brighton site when we are not even playing you? :D

To answer the pm's of people asking about Anastasia and where to send cards etc. You'd be surprised at the amount of people on this board who have gone out their way to give support and sympathy to Sinead and Paddy.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Vanity said:
To answer the pm's of people asking about Anastasia and where to send cards etc. You'd be surprised at the amount of people on this board who have gone out their way to give support and sympathy to Sinead and Paddy.

No not suprised at all, the sticky thread to Starry was very moving and I can't even begin to imagine the trauma they are suffering.

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Vanity said:
You'd be surprised at the amount of people on this board who have gone out their way to give support and sympathy to Sinead and Paddy.

Not at all Vanity. Am really chuffed that so many people on here have been supportive, has been pretty moving.

Funnily enough, though, I started the thread to comment on the lack of crowd at your game and it sort of tumbled from there. Think we're all still chuckling at the various Leeds' exuses for their defeat at the weekend.

:clap:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Vanity said:
Would you pay £31.50 for a third round fa cup replay against crumby opposition?

Yes, I would, especially if we had a nice stadium to fill, unlike the £23 to sit at Shitdean. It's the 3rd round of the FA Cup, against a Premiership side. I'd be there in a shot.

Anyway, thanks for all your messages on the Anastasia thread, Vanity. Hope Sinead, Paddy and the gang are bearing up.

Vanity

Sep 10, 2005
eastlondonseagull said:
Yes, I would, especially if we had a nice stadium to fill, unlike the £23 to sit at Shitdean. It's the 3rd round of the FA Cup, against a Premiership side. I'd be there in a shot.

Anyway, thanks for all your messages on the Anastasia thread, Vanity. Hope Sinead, Paddy and the gang are bearing up.

I think £31.50 is extortinate for a FA cup replay, be it against Chelsea or Kettering. Teams usually drop their prices or do kids for a quid!

I'm ACS so paid and didn't go but can totally understand why people voted with their money this go round. If you'd read on the Leeds boards the consensus was that this was an extra, unnecessary game we could have well down without. A cup run is the last thing we needed. And I'm nae on waccoe and said the very same before the game tonight, before the first game as well.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
31.50 seems a bit of a joke, but as its a "bigger" club im sure we would sell out falmer. Our plastic fans tend to come out of the wall for bigger games. I.E Southampton, and Spurs last year.

Vanity

Sep 10, 2005
Our plastic fans are long gone. They might (and I'm not even sure) return for Man Utd or Chelsea.

Our avergae attendance before we won the league/Europe was under 20k though. Our attendances (while I wish they hadn't dropped) now don't surprise me, we're just back to what we had before the 'glory'.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Who cares that Leeds lost, Gary Kelly scored a fooking goal. Never thought I'd see the day & what a belter.

Agree with you Vanity about trips to the Withdean. Mays for a great weekend rather than if u were in Birmingham or Manchester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here