Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds Utd attendance today

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Right now, we have: Better ground, better players, better facilities and better attendances.
Historically, no, there's few teams in the country that compete with them. However, for right now, Yes.

Exactly, times change so therefore its about the here and now. We werent far off Villa, and they ARE a big club.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Leeds sell out virtually every away game big clubs with bigger fan bases than ours do this,we could not get 1000 to Ipswich,25,000 gates are great for us and it's all well doing it in the comfort of Brighton but until we sell out away days on a regular basis,we cannot slate the likes of Leeds Utd support on this issue.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Ignore him mate, he's from swinedon, he doesn't know any better. Oh and yes it is his bedtime soon, when his sister moves over to make room.:D

Still one of ours so scurry off now

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I maintain that even if the Albion had charged £20 for yesterday, it still wouldn't have sold out, as watching on TV was the easier option for many. Palace dropped ticket prices & only 13,000 turned up.
So that makes it all the more impressive, we drop 5000 home fans, and host a live on TV game, and still charge top dollar, and still have nearly 22k ... it is to be celebrated not derided .... these other clubs are perhaps a little stagnant compared to our dynamic and vibrant club.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Leeds sell out virtually every away game big clubs with bigger fan bases than ours do this,we could not get 1000 to Ipswich,25,000 gates are great for us and it's all well doing it in the comfort of Brighton but until we sell out away days on a regular basis,we cannot slate the likes of Leeds Utd support on this issue.

Leeds have a nationwide fanbase for some strange reason dating back to the 60's and thst is why they sell out away allocations. Even the Yorkshire Leeds fans i know aren't from Leeds. May also explain why their home crouds are so poor even after the takeover - too far to travel for many of them.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Right now, we have: Better ground, better players, better facilities and better attendances.
Historically, no, there's few teams in the country that compete with them. However, for right now, Yes.

Better ground - well that is subjective. There ground is a lot bigger so they may disagree.

Better players, probably although aren't they above us?

Better facilties? In terms of what? Toilets, Snack bars, Program sellers.

For right now, we are not bigger than Leeds. As poxy a club they are, we are minnows in comparison. But does that really matter?????

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Better ground - well that is subjective. There ground is a lot bigger so they may disagree.

For right now, we are not bigger than Leeds. As poxy a club they are, we are minnows in comparison. But does that really matter?????

Anyone who has been to Elland road and thinks its bettet than the Amex needs their heads examining. Elland Road is a DUMP. Ok a big DUMP. Even my Leeds supporting friends agree with that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just because a ground is bigger does not mean it's better. A colleague of mine who is a lifelong Tottenham fan did the tour of the Amex with me recently and was blown away by the quality of the ground and the facilities available. A couple of weeks later her family bought her a similar tour of white Hart lane and although she enjoyed it, the nagging feeling followed her around that it was just not as good as our stadium. I'm pretty sure Tottenham's ground is better than Leeds.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anyone who has been to Elland road and thinks its bettet than the Amex needs their heads examining. Elland Road is a DUMP. Ok a big DUMP. Even my Leeds supporting friends agree with that.

My friend from Leeds (admittedly he's a villa fan) calls Elland Road "the Graveyard".

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

The Amex is better in every single way except size.
They are above us, due to our inability to turn draws into wins. Man for man, they have a massively inferior squad.
Erm infrastructure? Our soon-to-be-built brand new training ground? Corporate facilities. All the little bits and bobs.

Yeah, we're 'bigger' than Leeds right now. You're right though: the hell does it matter?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
5,000 odd at Blackburn.

People frequently can't be arsed with the early stages of the cup, and season ticket holders don't like spending extra money on top of their season tickets for games against teams they don't care about.

I maintain that even if the Albion had charged £20 for yesterday, it still wouldn't have sold out, as watching on TV was the easier option for many. Palace dropped ticket prices & only 13,000 turned up.

Palace dropped their prices in the knowledge that only 8k would show up at the regular price.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Yeah, we're 'bigger' than Leeds right now. ?

We are currently, as a club, in a more stable position than Leeds.That may change depending on how good or not their new owners are.Until we can draw our support from every corner of the country we will not be bigger than Leeds. Don't you think there's a reason their on t.v. all the time? Anyone who thinks we are needs a visit from the men in white coats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here