Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Disappointing. We are playing well but overly casual as if we expect a routine win. Then one sloppy error and we are back on level terms. Furthermore this playing out from the back seems to be a very risky strategy. We have lost possession in dangerous areas a couple of times. Thankfully its Leeds.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Gawd - please don’t let us revert to our old habits of not beating teams that we should - 🫤

Really scrappy, unenjoyable football at times in first half, with some thuggish play from Leeds ruining our fluidity and us not converting clear chances. Both sides giving balls away too easily - Gross, Pervis and Caceido impressive for me in that half with some impressive 1 v 1s from Ferguson.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leeds defended well?

What are you watching… they’ve been atrocious at the back, we could have scored 3/4 there, easily.
I also think they have given it a go and not sat back tbf to them. They get in defensive shape of course but we’ve had spaces a lot - they have had spaces a bit. Shit unlucky goal to concede.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Disappointing. We are playing well but overly casual as if we expect a routine win. Then one sloppy error and we are back on level terms. Furthermore this playing out from the back seems to be a very risky strategy. We have lost possession in dangerous areas a couple of times. Thankfully its Leeds.
Have you not read anything about this tactic? It is risky but most of our goal chances stem friom it. Get used to it - we won't change.

The bigger danger for us is Leeds tacrtic of not pressing the CBs and packing the midfield. It is making it harder for us to progress the ball. We've addressed it by going over the top.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
It's what De Zerbi's football is built on, it's not going to change.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Half time can't come soon enough imo.

Credit to Leeds, who set up to defend well from the start against us, and performed really well in doing so. They are making it really difficult for us.
Due to my stream keeping dying I've only manged to watch about 15-20 minutes but if Leeds keep defending like they did in the first half I'll be gutted if we don't win. We've got behind them loads in the few minutes I've watched. We have the freedom of Elland road down Ayling's side.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

I find this kind of opinion really frustrating.

Not all Premier League teams are going to bend over and succumb to our brilliance. Leeds are giving it a real go and making it really difficult for us, and credit to them for that.

We're doing just as we normally do, except against an opposition who is up for it on the day and set up exactly how they believe they can stop us.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's football that makes me nervous, but at times it's orgasmic. And it generally works. We don't have the players of a Man City or Arsenal, we must remember that. But this has led to to a BHA who are contending for Europe. So we have to just enjoy the rollercoaster as best as we can. Not for the squeamish.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yup, awful. No way they will allow Mitoma free reign for another 45, unfortunately.
If they could solve problems, they wouldn't be where they are.
A

And you have SO much experience of that don't you?
Yes. From watching some 20 000 games I have indeed gathered enough experience to understand that sometimes when a team is 1-0 down in a game, near the bottom of the table, and four of their players are standing still while watching the goalie bloke from "Sunderland Til I Die" controlling the ball with his sole... fans might get annoyed.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Have you not read anything about this tactic? It is risky but most of our goal chances stem friom it. Get used to it - we won't change.

The bigger danger for us is Leeds tacrtic of not pressing the CBs and packing the midfield. It is making it harder for us to progress the ball. We've addressed it by going over the top.
friom, tactric, what is this language you speak? Just because its the norm doesn't mean I have to get used to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here