Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If we play quickly with some intent like we did against City then we've got a chance and it'll be a good game.

If we go back to OAP walking football sideways passing I think they'll shit all over us.

Really hope he doesn't drop the players that played well in the week, I'll be gutted of AliMac and Percy don't start.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
the addition of snow will only improve our awful pitch. PL have told leeds that because no fans into the ground there are no safety concerns over weather.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
From The Athletic's Phil Hay:

Screenshot_20210116-120246_The Athletic.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-113922_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-113922_The Athletic.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 20210116_115658.jpg
    20210116_115658.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 204

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
3-1 loss.

We won’t be able to cope with relentless pace and pressing coming at us from all directions.

Fear you’re right. I get the ‘we might also catch them on the break and give them a beating’ argument too. However, there are two problems with that argument:

1. we break sideways
2. against an open goal, the odds of us scoring is remote. Even on a squash court you’d back us to miss the wall every time. We are horrifically bad at converting chances. Truly awful. Trading standards bad.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Leeds 2 Brighton 3

Graham Potter secures the win with a volley goal from the sideline. VAR checks it and confirms "its just too good to cancel".

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
No excuses today. Their best player is out, the player most important to what Bielsa is trying to do. And we have their best player from last season.
Time to show up.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Clear handball by Gibbs, not given.

"Let's get Peter Walton's thoughts"; why?! He'll only ever back up his PGMOL mate

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If VAR can’t make a decision about the harshness of a tackle as it’s subjective according to Walton, then why was Connolly’s second against Manure overruled? The ref clearly gave the foul.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
My Leeds B&B brother in law says that they are worried about our set piece moves and corners because of our height. I put him right about Solly March and missed crosses.
Very interesting game and, as mentioned, could be a big score either way.

I think there's more danger of us conceding from our own corner, what with Leeds being quick on the break (similar to Leicester City).

Also need to be careful of the counter-counter, but maybe there'll be an opportunity to break from a counter-counter-counter! This is going to be fast paced game,(even with Potter's style of pass sideways and backwards 50 times before getting the ball over the half way line).

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I think we will struggle with the pace today. A few things I would like to see us do differently . Once we pass the half way line we try to only move the ball forward as far as possible. Lots of movement off the ball, darting runs into the area by the forwards to create space and no passing to players who are surrounded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1350442685249716230 [/tweet]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Now obviously Potter and his team have faced Bielsa’s Leeds before in the Championship when with Swansea.

I’d be interested to know the scores of those games and who had the edge. Maybe one for Swanny. @%1;

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here