Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds united vs Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official match thread****

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
To be fair. It's hardly defensive. Like for like at left back, with Barnes in for Bridcutt.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Still cant give a reason for your confidence eh??...... They may still just get something out the game of course, but it feels too much like a lineup that we have seen many times this season, namely one that has little or no goal threat,... read my original post before blindly jumping in to slag anyone off who has a contrary view.

I hope Ulloa gets a couple, but he may find himself very lonely up front today.

The reason for my confidence my friend, is that we have a manager who has proved during the last few weeks that he knows what he is doing and I am slagging you off because you feel the need to criticise a team before they have even kicked a googling ball. We are 4th from top, not 4th from bottom.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone know the last time we won a match that Barnes started on the left?

This is not a moan, just looking for a good omen.

The last time we won with Barnes starting was v Derby. That was a while back, but since then he has only started 5 games (and the last of those was the win v Blackpool, the first of those five was the game v birmingham that was only a draw because of Kuszczak's late error, one was a draw in which he came off after 60mins, one was the wednesday game, and one v Bolton where he was sent off again). We beat huddersfield and Burnley, but he came on as a substitute, not a starter.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Still cant give a reason for your confidence eh??...... They may still just get something out the game of course, but it feels too much like a lineup that we have seen many times this season, namely one that has little or no goal threat,... read my original post before blindly jumping in to slag anyone off who has a contrary view.

I hope Ulloa gets a couple, but he may find himself very lonely up front today.

I'm off, see you at about 18:00.
Who knows what will happen, I guess you weren't expecting six goals against Blackpool with Barnes playing centre forward either. See how things pan out before we start worrying.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The reason for my confidence my friend, is that we have a manager who has proved during the last few weeks that he knows what he is doing and I am slagging you off because you feel the need to criticise a team before they have even kicked a googling ball. We are 4th from top, not 4th from bottom.

and Barnes scored twice last week

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Right said Charlie time to put the kettle on right said Gus lets have a cup of tea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here