Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Leeds United V Brighton And Hove Albion OFFICIAL Match Thread***

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
1 point may sound good at Elland rd but infact for us its 2 points dropped when you take a look at our form at home. Disaster result looking at how close we were. But same old Brighton, clumsy mistake, this time a foul, down to 10 men, fail at the last hurdle in trying to sustain gung-ho pressure. We cearly need a good experienced centre-back who knows how to deal with these situations and avoids fatal sending offs. Still haven't recovered from losing Butters really. Virgo's supposed to be now the leading defender, the one who does the orders and man-marks the oppositions top striker. Really seems to be doing the opposition favours more than anything else this season. I feel this needs to be the last straw for Albions case.

We've been linked with strikers and wingers but surely we are dying out for a defender?

Disaster Disaster!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

within 2 points of 6 teams having just played (well) against the top two.....

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
At the final whistle it felt like we had been defeated.
But for 170 out of 180 minutes of football, we have been beating the top two teams in the league. If only we could hold on in the last 10 minutes of a game!

Leeds fans were predicting a 3 or 4 nil win, so taking a point doesn't feel too bad.

Just remember how close the league positions are down at the bottom. 16th one minute, then 22nd the next.

We will stay up!

A point at CHarlton and then we need to win well against Exeter and keep moving from there

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Disaster Disaster!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

within 2 points of 6 teams having just played (well) against the top two.....

Yeah, 'looking at how close we were' dose leave the point with some bad feeling more like a disaster than success. is it really that funny?, especially after last week. 1 point from being 10 mins away from 6 against the 2 best can easily have a negative effect in confidence on the team and fans. We are now expecting bad results even when we're playing well. We all knew deep down we were going to cock up some where in the game. I reckon the players are starting to think this more and more with what they've experienced in the current team.
Clean sheets were what Dean Wilkins was first urging his team to play for when we were in a similar position. Once that was achieved we then shot straight up the table and ended up 7th.

Last edited:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Another way of looking at it is that those t*ssers from Leeds have one point
from 6 at home in the last two games......the form that will once again see them
screw up.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Come on, it was known before the match that the main thread was either Beckford or Snodgrass in the last 5 minutes of the game. Look at the times of Leeds goals this season and normally every other game at least one of those 2 gets the late goal, it was obvious.

Everything is so tight at the bottom now that one win will see a team thrown clear, but a loss would not be a total disaster as it would need 6 teams above us all getting results

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good point, but AGAIN we chucked it away albeit with a little help from the Ref. As said above, if we can't hang on we wont stay up. Let's hope we can put in another top performance and beat Charlton.

I'm sorry, weren't we playing LEEDS AWAY with 10 men for the last 10 minutes? If we can't hold on again Leeds under those circumstances, with the baying crowd and the dozens of attacking players they threw on to get back into it, then we won't stay up?
:lolol:

I kind of understand what you're saying, but it's more the theme to mock other users on here. I think it was a great point in gutting circumstances and another one of "those" matches we will look back on in years to come and still won't be able to get over it!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Virgo cost us coming away from Elland Road with all 3 points this afternoon , Brezovan threw a misdirected ball out of the box which Gradel was going to latch on to and Virgo lunged in two footed to take him out. I also think our penalty was dubious as it looked like the foul happened on the 18 yard line or fractionally outside but I might be mistaken. Both sides were average and Beckford had a stinker of a game. Things were pretty level throughout the game and our best period was the the first 30 minutes of the 2nd half with LuaLua skinning the defenders with ease. Down to 10 men we were still holding on until they equalised right at the death.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Two red cards a season is par of Adam Virgo

Adam Virgo Profile, Statistics, News, Game Log - Brighton, English League One - ESPN Soccernet

A 6 ft 2" coming in at speed is a dangerous assailant.

Just seen it on the TV. It was an outrageous sending off. A stupid (poor judgement) lunge by Virgo, but only because he could have got a broken leg himself. He was going for the ball and the opposition came in at equal speed, but he got outa the way!

His suspension may save us from relegation though. We might be better of without his rash mistakes (in defence)!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What is wrong with the thread title?... Who are Leeds United?... I only know a club named "THE Leeds United"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just watched FL Shown on sky+ and must apologise as I see El Abd did come pon and thought the red card was fully justified for wehat was a stupid badly timed lunge. Yes it was a bad throw by Brezovan but that didnt mean Virgo had to lunge like that he could have tackled in a normal manner, as Gradel didnt have the ball completely under control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here