Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United: Massimo Cellino demands players live in city

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I read this on the BBC website and was thinking the blokes an idiot. But, when you fully read his reasons, probably a good idea for them. All the time there is nothing Albion related to read, it's good to catch up with other news.
Good result for Bath City BTW

I'm not sure whether this is a serious post or not. If it is, surely the answer is to discipline players who are late, simple as. Establish a code of conduct.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
At least 2 players drove in from Southampton daily, & Chippy lived in Kent.

Didn't Leon knight come in from reading or somewhere near there (it was his excuse for being late I swear I read somewhere).

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Leeds United........Sam Hamman...Ken Bates....now the latest ...Massimo Cellino....when's Vincent Tan moving up there?

How come they always find a good Chairman?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The manager and coaching staff too, I suppose?

I know Mark McGhee lived in Brighton while Gus continued to commute from Orpington. I presume Oscar lived in Brighton as his kids went to the same school as PIG's in Dyke Road. Is Sami Hyypia looking at places in Lancing?

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
It seems sensible? What? The guy is clearly a c*nt.

You can't demand where someone lives FFS. If they turn up for work it's sod all to do with him.

As for why keep posting threads about Leeds, well, people post what they want. Why open up the thread (it's clearly titled).

Did you read the reasons the owner listed in the article? To me, his solution seems quite a logical conclusion.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I can understand that if you are paying someone a lot of money you can insist that they live within a certain distance of where you want. However, the life of a footballer can be quite itinerant. At some point their family will want to put down some roots, so moving every time the player moves clubs is not ideal. A happy player will want to have a happy family.

In a vibrant city like Leeds with access to some very desirable areas like Harrogate and Ilkley, this idea might work. But it wouldn't be acceptable in other parts of the world. A lot of players based aroun the North West choose to live in the more affluent parts of Manchester, Wilmlsow, Alderley Edge etc rather than near Stoke city centre or Burnley for instance. Also players like to live near other players - it's quite natural they want to stick together.

Alot in what you say,Peter Crouch's other half INSISTED that they live in Prestbury (rather upmarket) and not in Staffordshire.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Did Hockaday get sacked last night ?

Johnny Cantor retweeted
12h
Leeds United FC @LUFC__

BREAKING: David Hockaday is to leave the club by mutual consent. Benito Carbone will take over as interim Head Coach.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Joke club. I'd absolutely love it if they went down this season. Now Ken Bates would they have him back?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That, and why must we hear about everything Leeds United do? They're on Sky twice a month, and at the moment there is a trend of having everything related to them posted on here for general discussion. Drop it, who cares? They're a plodding midtable Championship club, the longer they're news, the longer the chip on their fans' shoulder will remain.

Laughing at others is one of the greatest joys of being a fan. Given the opportunity, others will do it to us.

As for the "chip on their shoulder" that is going nowhere fast, regardless of what happens on our little message board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here