• Southampton

Votes: 245 89.4%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Two clubs I dislike. But proximity bias prevails. I like the idea we are the only top side on the South Coast.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Saints, nearer

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two clubs I dislike. But proximity bias prevails. I like the idea we are the only top side on the South Coast.
We're not though are we?

Anyway, Saints for me. Best man at my wedding supports them, as does one of my brothers. I used to live and work in the area and had plenty of colleagues and friends supporting them down the years. Also I've been in the home end following the Albion and they were friendly to me when they found out my allegiance. Finally I share their disdain for Portsmouth.

I don't particularly dislike Leeds these days, but it is quite funny to see them in division 2.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We're not though are we?
West of Hampshire is Narnia as far as I'm concerned.

(aka, bugger - I'd forgotten about B'muff :facepalm: )

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Leeds are generally pretty unbearable in most respects. Southampton irritate me less and certainly have fewer armchair fans from other parts of the country. I'm in my mid 50s and seem to encounter loads of blokes slightly older than me who have southern accents and claim to have supported Leeds all their lives, basically because they were winning trophies in the early 70s.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Leeds are generally pretty unbearable in most respects. Southampton irritate me less and certainly have fewer armchair fans from other parts of the country. I'm in my mid 50s and seem to encounter loads of blokes slightly older than me who have southern accents and claim to have supported Leeds all their lives, basically because they were winning trophies in the early 70s.
You must know my younger brother :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Saints all day every day. Never bought into the animosity towards them from some BHA. Leeds, however...
Leeds losing is never not funny so I’m after a HUGE Saints win.

That said, you weren’t alive in 1978, were you?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Leeds United vote here. Say it through gritted teeth, the top flight is better for them.

I'm a turncoat, I used to despise them. But my boss is a huge fan and a very funny Yorkshire lass. We've become very good friends and chat football all the time. She is always cracking me up about Leeds 'falling apart' and I'm the one that's been saying it will be okay.

I thought you lot had never forgiven Southampton for 1978 when they 'stitched us up'.

It has to be Leeds. Southampton have a rubbish kit.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Saints all day long.
Leeds are comfortably the most entitled fans I am aware of (or maybe Chelsea since the beginning of Roman Empire).

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Prefer neither, but Saints please.

1. I f***ing hate Leeds. Hate going to Elland Road, scummy northern fans, glory-hunting cocky southern fans, social media saddos, Champions of Europe, media love-in, "big club" entitlement, free Ben White bullshit. Etc.
2. More likelihood of Russell Martin staying at Saints, please, thank you very much.
3. Easier away day.
4. Will piss Portsmouth off.
5. Will be great fun watching Leeds sell all their decent players to meet FFP if they don't go up.
6. I f***ing hate Leeds.

Quite liked this though:

But still Saints.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Saints please. Ever since their ‘free Ben White’ nonsense, I’ve hated Leeds fans! In fact, I’ve probably hated them for a lot longer than that. Deluded and entitled!
Saints for me for obvious reasons - Mrs DiS is an STH there,

but I have detested Leeds since 1965. I went in to the Cup Final that year as a naive 11 year old wanting Leeds to win, and came out of it very happy that Liverpool won instead after Leeds proceeded to try and kick them off the park for 90 minutes.

Then in 1975 I was doing a year abroad as part of my degree course - an assistant in a French Lycee. I came home for May half-term for my then girlfriend now wife’s 21st birthday, using overnight Dover ferry crossings both ways. On the way home it was French rugby supporters - noisy and boisterous but ultimately friendly, fun and considerate.
On the way back to France it was Leeds heading for the European Cup Final. It was frightening - there’s no other word for it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Saint because my younger brother supports them, plus as he implies they will go straight back down.
I don’t hate Leeds, but prefer it if they stay down, they do have potential to be a big club, which threatens us.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Definitely Southampton.
I don’t want to ever see that “Sussex Whites” flag at the Amex again.
I’m sure I’ve never seen a Saints shirt or car sticker in Newhaven, I have definitely seen Leeds.
Easier away trip obviously.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who in their right mind wants Leeds to win the PL by a canter next season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports