Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds NEW owner fails owner test

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
What chance do the FFP rules have of being upheld if something as relatively straightforward as the fit and proper person test can be challenged so easily. Its a joke. FFP has no chance whatsoever of being successfully applied.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What chance do the FFP rules have of being upheld if something as relatively straightforward as the fit and proper person test can be challenged so easily. Its a joke. FFP has no chance whatsoever of being successfully applied.

None whatsoever and teams will challenge it

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Joke. Travesty. Farcical.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which means their fit and proper tests are a sham

From what I have read the test itself is enforceable. The issue with this case is that the Leeds owner's crime did not match the FL definition in the FL rules. From what I gather it wasn't a serious enough crime. The bar has to be placed somewhere and it seems this Italian fella was just under it.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Now talksport reporting that Celino - owner the biggest club in the world - has been found guilty in Italy of yet more dodgy dealings.

Sometimes I find myself feeling sorry for the Leeds fans. This usually lasts until my next visit to Elland Road

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Now talksport reporting that Celino - owner the biggest club in the world - has been found guilty in Italy of yet more dodgy dealings.

Sometimes I find myself feeling sorry for the Leeds fans. This usually lasts until my next visit to Elland Road

Get it right, Portsmouth is the biggest club in the world

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Fourteen months later, see QPR.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Get it right, Portsmouth is the biggest club in the world

an excellent point.

If I could be bothered I would post a poll to once and for all decide which clubs have the most deluded fans in the UK (Pompeyscum, Dirty Leeds, Wolves, Rangers, Sheffield Both and err..... Brighton?)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I cringe a little as Albion fans laugh at them when they still ended up above us having lost to us twice. With all their comedy moments and problems they are still out performing the Premier League Ready shambles of a club. Who is the laughing stock?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Sometimes I find myself feeling sorry for the Leeds fans. This usually lasts until my next visit to Elland Road[/QUOTE

But he has passed the very strict fit and proper tests carried out by the FL, next they will be reporting that QPR get away with their FFP cheating scot free

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here