Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds New Manager?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looking increasingly likely that Leeds might not only have another new owner but also a new manager before we play them at Elland Road in April.

Warnock has been quoted this week as saying that if the new owners want a new manager then he "wont mind" - effectively offering to walk (subject to his remaining three months contract being paid off presumably) despite their still being in the promotion mix. In the circumstances surely the new owners will take him up on the offer? A new manager might not be able to make the immediate impact to keep them in the hunt (although I could see a certain Mr Adkins being a popular choice) but "Colin" has clearly demonstrated his heart isnt in it any more.

Are we better off if he stays or goes? I'm not sure tbh. He is a good manager but after that comment I cant see him motivating the team so I think I would be happy if he stays just in case a new man actually had an impact and improved their currently pretty iffy form.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The only way he'll be managing them when we play each other is if they're in with a shout of the playoffs - otherwise he'll be moved out. In that case I hope he isn't as I wouldn't want a big scrap up at their place.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looking increasingly likely that Leeds might not only have another new owner but also a new manager before we play them at Elland Road in April.

Warnock has been quoted this week as saying that if the new owners want a new manager then he "wont mind" - effectively offering to walk (subject to his remaining three months contract being paid off presumably) despite their still being in the promotion mix. In the circumstances surely the new owners will take him up on the offer? A new manager might not be able to make the immediate impact to keep them in the hunt (although I could see a certain Mr Adkins being a popular choice) but "Colin" has clearly demonstrated his heart isnt in it any more.

Are we better off if he stays or goes? I'm not sure tbh. He is a good manager but after that comment I cant see him motivating the team so I think I would be happy if he stays just in case a new man actually had an impact and improved their currently pretty iffy form.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If they take Gus,McDoodah has left Twente.Perfect almost identical replacement.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Leeds are not involved in the promotion race, only the current top 7 are. The top 2 are now settled, and then 4 from the next 5 will make the play-offs. There will be no late run, and there will be no suprise package.

If Colin leaves Leeds it will make them stronger, because rubbish like Varney and Brown will be shipped out. But it's too late in the day now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Leeds are not involved in the promotion race, only the current top 7 are. The top 2 are now settled, and then 4 from the next 5 will make the play-offs. There will be no late run, and there will be no suprise package.

If Colin leaves Leeds it will make them stronger, because rubbish like Varney and Brown will be shipped out. But it's too late in the day now.

Thanks Oracle!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Di Canio would be perfect for them.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Where have you read that Leeds will be taken over? I know that the fans want GFH out and there was an offer,presumably Adam Pearson of Hulls Rugby League Tigers who offered to buy GFH out. But GFH want a sizeable sum after paying Bates close on £60m....which in my view was way over the top seeing as they dont own Elland Road nor their training ground.

Any take over will have to top that £60m in my view and who is gonna pay that? Bates has pulled a masterstroke, kept on as Chairman until end of season, life President and received £60m (after paying for and investing more or less nothing in Leeds) from the only bankcrupt investment bank in the Middle east.

No, they will gamely struggle on this season. But next season it will be without Colin, but with some other desperate boss (hello Schteve) trying to resurrect his and their former glories. Put a tenner on them for relegation next season.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
On a similar note i see Luton have done well ro get Daggers manager John Still ... Anyone know wht Pual Buckle left Luton ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stretch that to 8th, include Forest, then you'll be correct.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

The top two are settled?

1 Cardiff City Pl 33 ... Pts 70
2 Watford Pl 34 ... Pts 62
3 Hull City Pl 34 ... Pts 62
4 Crystal Palace Pl 34 ... Pts 58
5 Leicester City Pl 32 ... Pts 54

Second and third are separated by goal difference, and if they win their games in hand, Leicester are only 2 points behind them.

There's still 12-13 games to play for most teams, up to 39 points up for grabs, in a season when wins and losses have been quite unpredictable on the whole, I'd say you could probably include teams down to tenth or even 13th (8 points behind us with 13 games to go).

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thanks Oracle!

You're welcome. :bowdown:

Stretch that to 8th, include Forest, then you'll be correct.

Nope, no need. They might sneak into 7th with a cheeky last day win but the only team to be shot at is Middlesbrough. Who are 7th anyway, and not going to get any higher unless Hull, Leicester or Palace implode.

The top two are settled?

1 Cardiff City Pl 33 ... Pts 70
2 Watford Pl 34 ... Pts 62
3 Hull City Pl 34 ... Pts 62
4 Crystal Palace Pl 34 ... Pts 58
5 Leicester City Pl 32 ... Pts 54

Second and third are separated by goal difference, and if they win their games in hand, Leicester are only 2 points behind them.

There's still 12-13 games to play for most teams, up to 39 points up for grabs, in a season when wins and losses have been quite unpredictable on the whole, I'd say you could probably include teams down to tenth or even 13th (8 points behind us with 13 games to go).

Nah, it's over. Cardiff from Watford as the 1-2, the current play-off occupants in any order immediately below them.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Cardiff on winning the Championship, after years of spending to get them there. I would also congratulate Watford on being the first team of loan signings to get promotion, fair play, what a team and some of the players are pretty handy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On a similar note i see Luton have done well ro get Daggers manager John Still ... Anyone know wht Pual Buckle left Luton ?

Family issues.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

The Mail was speculating that, weirdly, it may be to do with the end of ESPN's rights to Premier League football. Their presenter Rebecca Lowe is his girlfriend and apparently ESPN and NBC in the States have been impressed - so Buckle may have jacked it in to move to the USA with her.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Buckle might have left due to the fact he hasn't improved them, they had dropped out of the play off place. Although to be fair he wasn't at the club too long to make a difference.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Mail was speculating that, weirdly, it may be to do with the end of ESPN's rights to Premier League football. Their presenter Rebecca Lowe is his girlfriend and apparently ESPN and NBC in the States have been impressed - so Buckle may have jacked it in to move to the USA with her.

Well it was reported to be for personal reasons so u never know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here